Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Well it arrived and it is nice and sharp!!!

Unfortunately I sold my TGLB a while back so can’t do a direct comparison but here it is next to a HDFK. (.22” thick vs the TGULB @ .20” thick).

Can’t wait for my @David Brown mutant sheath to arrive now!!! The canvas should look great with this colour (I know, I spelt it the Canadian way ;)) combo.

CulsMoL.jpg

OJHlKOE.jpg

Wowzer! Just unwrapped my DC with blk canvas - Wow! It's amazing! So here's the one thing that really stands out, the handle. All the other handles have a flat edge sandwiched between the slabs. In this case the blade tang is rounded over becoming part of the handle grip - I really like this how it's done. It's just a different look and feel from what I'm used to. I love the radius work around the blade, nice attention to finer details.

Wowzer! Just unwrapped my DC with blk canvas - Wow! It's amazing! So here's the one thing that really stands out, the handle. All the other handles have a flat edge sandwiched between the slabs. In this case the blade tang is rounded over becoming part of the handle grip - I really like this how it's done. It's just a different look and feel from what I'm used to. I love the radius work around the blade, nice attention to finer details.
You know the rules....

5ESKEwQ.jpg

Wondered if anyone would comment on this. Was pretty skeptical about it at first as I generally don't like proud tangs at all, but happily decided to not worry and trust the Bossman. It really works here with the meltdown treatment. :thumbsup:

Just unboxed mine and it's everything I hoped the BG TG was, as I tend to favor the thinner Busse's. Going to try and get a Busse family pic with it. Green on green, usually I'm after the maroon micarta or pumpkin G10 when getting straight from the bossman.

The wait was short...

Z2TMG14l.jpg

See a trend in the size I like?
ZGJ13MTl.jpg

Figured I was already out there and there was some rotty wood I have little use for but turning into mulch, why not.
Lkea4e1l.jpg

SOnVATBl.jpg

jB20Ycnl.jpg

I haven't had the forest green coating before; it reminds me of the "bass boat green" colors that used to come on bikes back in the 90's with a nice little fade or shimmer depending on how you get the light to hit it. Pretty much black in the shade looking at it straight on, pretty nice, subtle change of color choice for me.

Wondered if anyone would comment on this. Was pretty skeptical about it at first as I generally don't like proud tangs at all, but happily decided to not worry and trust the Bossman. It really works here with the meltdown treatment. :thumbsup:

It is fantastic and really hides the shock from a baton, after a 3 minute quicky at least. It reminds me of how my NFFSH felt the 1st time I batoned with it, not quite res-C comfy but it was really surprising the lack of vibration my hand and wrist felt. I think the slightly extreme palm swell helps there too so the handle kind of floats in there with the non-cutting grip used to hold a knife steady while "a-Busse-ing" it (abusing, but not abuse for a Busse? Working on my Dad puns).

Nice photos! Yes the forest green is to me, the prettiest color if you have to pick a coating, especially out in the sun. Man, that handle looks almost white! nice look. I did some beating on my bench and I noticed a little extra singing in the blade but that's to be expected. You can absolutely feel the difference in weight. Really wild how subtle changes in a few ounces make so much of a difference. Certainly a must have for any TG fan.

Words, and even pictures can't describe how nicely the perimeter of these TGULB's are melted! You truly need to get one <or two> in hand to fully appreciate this model!
THANKS Jerry for this model and continuing the Competition Finish offerings!:D

top talons:
IIiti14.jpg

yoDYanJ.jpg

Slw8whz.jpg

near pommel:
JoBfOto.jpg

spine, above handle:
dYsDoHN.jpg

CwjAULA.jpg

Black & Green Can.
jpUWXRM.jpg

the Busse "fingerprint" of Competition Finish!
egA5VDy.jpg

egA5VDy.jpg

I have to say that I'm crazy impressed with the turn around time of the last two knives that I picked up. The first several I had grown used to the ... meh it might get here some day ... pace but the last two were at my door inside of like 3-4 months at the most.

Back