Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    If you all don't buy at least one of these you're dead to me.

2. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr

Jun 23, 2014
    Yes I am certainly in for at least one. I have held on to my TGLB and my Forsaken Gemini unable to decide which I love more. The only thing I don't like about the Forsaken Gemini is the CBT grooves seem a little large. I wish they were like the old CBT like I have on my Busse BG Mofo. But it is the same on my Hellrazor 2 so I'm not going to complain too much. Anyways I think I will get Tan and black G-10 and DC to match my edc Park Ranger that I carry often. I can not wait to compare all three Geminis.

3. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Asking the price guys? LOLOLOL ~ Yall' are too damn funny ..... like the price is going to matter LOL! ~ Hog treachery at it's finest :thumbsup: .... How much?.... you guys kill me....
    laughingface.gif

4. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    It looks like the edges of the tang are just slightly proud of the scales? Otherwise, why bother rounding the edges of the tang?

5. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999

Unfortunately both knives are made from the same thickness of INFI. o_O

So, that means we have to grind away a ton of more INFI in order to get it thinner.:eek:

And that means it's gonna cost us a lot more to make.:eek::eek::confused:

We'll have pricing up tomorrow:thumbsup::cool:

Prepare for sticker shock!!!!. . . . o_O

Until then. . . .

Let's Drink!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jerry:D:D:D

uGAshooter, Wharn and Apocalyps like this.
  6. Brummie

Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    I suspect its actually a cost-saving measure - avoids an additional finishing step after the scales are attached. The AA also had that finish.

7. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    It doesn't matter for IF. It matters for how many to buy. :p

Leonardo63, Apocryphiliac and lmcq784 like this.
  8. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    reminds me of this...
    [​IMG]

Apocryphiliac likes this.
  9. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Love my combat grades!!! Now it's just about picking the right colors.

Anyone have a pic of black on green canvas and also muddy on green canvas?

10. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Resistance is futile.. I'm in trouble with this one..

sixplymaple likes this.
  11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Awesome Bossman!!! :cool:

Question - since these are thinner than the TGLB, will the scales be thicker to make up the difference in grip size, or will the scales be the same and this will be a smaller diameter grip?

12. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Unfortunately price does matter to me... I really hope these are around $400. I can't spend more than $500 right now. :(

David Lennon likes this.
  13. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    This. And also, when will the payment ding drop? How many experimental test studies can I enroll in and how many times can I donate blood before Amy comes calling? o_O

14. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Please explain big DC finish?

15. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Bead Blasted with 2 different GRIT sizes...Course first followed by Finer Grit...."Double Cut"

16. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    There it is!! Oh. Yeah!!

I need to quit building handguns with optics! It’s hell on the eyes getting old.

Murdered-out? Black G10 on black CG? That would look... well... killer! :D

I was thinking the opposite. That the CF hides any user scratches better than BIG DC. At least a little better, IME. But both do ok.

Thanks for that question and answer. I knew BIG. That’s one of my favorite finishes, especially after how it looked on the NFNO. But the D of DC always threw me. I just figured the first cut was the BIG, and second was the blast. But a double blast.... no wonder it looks so nice.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Mitch Crockett and sixplymaple like this.
  17. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Double Cut looks like Frosted Satin to me....the blasting removes the machining marks left in the "Comp" Finish and Blends the grind lines of the Flats and Bevel with a smooth transition. Look at at the Comp Fuller and the DC Fuller which appears much smoother no chatter marks.

lmcq784 likes this.
  18. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    The price and rough idea of when they will ding will make up my mind if it's not straight away I'll be in. Look great .

fkctrjt121 and sixplymaple like this.
  19. Thorz113

Thorz113

Apr 24, 2014
    Sweet looking blades. Also very much interested in the price, have some great users but Brother uses a TGLB and I have a TG, 5 month old son will be looking for his own blade someday and this could complete the trinity! Not sure I could sit on it for 12 years before using it though so in the meantime.....dual TGs!

20. Mitch Crockett

Mitch Crockett

Aug 5, 2019
    Call me old school but I'm b.o.b with everything. Can I request no coat? Because I'm interested in cerakote.