Teardrop

exxarkun78

Gold Member
Other than schatt & Morgan and GEC anyone else make a teardrop/bullet end jackknife similar to an 85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queen put out a teardrop in the QCC line a few years ago. They come up for sale every once in awhile. KaBar made one called the ?bombe? a few years back. The Colt that Rich S. mentioned is good, as is the 85. I think Queen also made one with jigged bone handles and D2 steel. I don't know if it is still in their current lineup. Are you looking for something in particular or just trying to get a feel for what is out there?

The Queen teardrop is still available from some dealers; Queen also made/makes (?) it in a single blade linerlock version. The Colt is a two blade. Queen much more expensive. I find the Colt a good knife, well made and a good EDC.

Rich

Queen put out a teardrop in the QCC line a few years ago. They come up for sale every once in awhile. KaBar made one called the ?bombe? a few years back. The Colt that Rich S. mentioned is good, as is the 85. I think Queen also made one with jigged bone handles and D2 steel. I don't know if it is still in their current lineup. Are you looking for something in particular or just trying to get a feel for what is out there?

I really like the 85 single blade but on the rare instances they come up for sale they tend to be in serious purchase price category so looking for something decent but more budget friendly

Seeing the "Modified Production Knives" thread come up to the top reminded me I had taken a picture of my Colt that I added an EO notch. Thought this thread might need some pictures.

15601122041_e5bd8a0db9_b.jpg

LastRodeo -

Nice work; I may do that for mine. My Colt is the brown stag scales; not the anniversary model. I actually bought two; one I left stock (spear point), the other I reground the back to make a clip point (my user).

BTW, Knifeworks has the Queen two blade teardrop. I haven't seen the single blade linerlock in quite a while. Would loved to have one, but just couldn't justify the cost for a "shelf sitter".

Rich

Last edited:
I really like the 85 single blade but on the rare instances they come up for sale they tend to be in serious purchase price category so looking for something decent but more budget friendly

When you say budget friendly, what price range are you looking at? And are you only looking for a single blade or are you also considering two blades?

LastRodeo -

Nice work; I may do that for mine. My Colt is the brown stag scales; not the anniversary model. I actually bought two; one I left stock (spear point), the other I reground the back to make a clip point (my user).

BTW, Knifeworks has the Queen two blade teardrop. I haven't seen the single blade linerlock in quite a while. Would loved to have one, but just couldn't justify the cost for a "shelf sitter".

Rich

You can have mine, if you like. Send me an email or vm with you address.

LastRodeo -

Thanks for the offer, but I'm happy with my Colts.
Much appreciate your kind offer, but I'll pass.

Rich

exxarkun, both of these tear drops come in way under $100. The Case is in stock and the Queen takes a little digging.

85dba69419d318516bc993c70d123165.jpg

c28894574daf767240b840ab44522712.jpg

Found the Queen linerlock teardrop on Knifecenter. Price >$100. They are nearly out of them and not restocking.
I did see a new line of Queens in 1095 with sawcut bone scales - also expensive IMHO.

Rich

Knifecenter is a BF dealer. OK to mention them.

+1 on the Colt or RR teardrops. inexpensive. They are on the thick side though. I keep mine in a first aid kit. in the car. good stainless blades that arrive sharp.

I like the Case teardrops, pmew's suggestion. They come in different scales and Case recently released the 6.5 stag bone and readily available.

the teardrop is in the middle, top is a swayback jack in stag and the Bose/case sowbelly in 6.5 bone stag

Last edited:
Worth keeping an eye out for one of the Queen QCCC Teardrops in carbon or their excellent D2 single blade liner lock top. These are not currently 'trendy' knives or come from a GEC sourced SFO so they should be available, with patience, at quite reasonable cost. These matters are subject to change or taste whim of course...:rolleyes:

IMG_0396_1.jpg

If the Teardrop Trip really gets to you, you may of course opt to have a custom version made like I did:cool:

IMG_2892.jpg

Thanks, Will

Last edited:
Because of this thread I now own a Queen #06L.

Being discontinued, it took quite a bit of digging, but I was able to find one for standard retail price. I haven't been a fan of the carved amber stag bone in the past, but that was all I could find. Interestingly, it has grown on me.

I really like the blade shape of this teardrop and how slim it sits in the well when the knife is closed.

Although this isn't the best Queen I've got in my collection, it was worth the price to me. My main complaint about this knife is that the shield is glued on rather than pinned. My other complaints, although minor, are that the blade was ground unevenly, causing it to look like it rubs one scale, it doesn't, and that the liner lock sits proud of the scales.... not just the lock tab, but the whole portion along the blade well. The last two complaints are really minor, but I figured I'd mention them anyway.

Two things I found surprising were just how tight the construction of this particular knife is (no light visible when held to a light) and the blade was actually shaving sharp out of the box.

Overall, a very satisfying purchase. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back