Techno 2 or Chef?

I’ve always liked the look of the Techno, but the Chef is a larger knife and the same price. I already have a Sage 2.

I have both, really love both, but something about the Techno keeps drawing me back to it. The Techno sees a little more pocket time than the Chef.

I can only speak for the Techno 1, never owned the the Techno 2 nor the Chef. I bought my Techno new in 2013. At the time I was working a job in Downtown Cleveland, and there are legal blade limits in the city, so I got the Techno for its 2-1/2” blade. I’m an Electrician in the construction trade and I carried and used the Techno everyday. It did every cutting chore I needed it to do, and did it well. Over the years I’ve carried XM’s, CRK’s, EKI’s, Jim Burke’s and a lot of other large HD folders and I can’t say they performed any better than the Techno. I ended up carrying the Techno day and night for 5 yrs straight. In the 7 years I’ve owned the knife lockup has been rock solid. I EDC a couple other folders for work now, but the Techno is still part of my work rotation. I can only imagine the Techno 2 is even better, it’s definitely on my short list.
Probably not a great knife for food prep, but it did all I asked of it on the job, and cut my chicken at lunch.
1ImMBq8.jpg

1b4gv4v.jpg

Last edited:
The Chef is a stupendously great knife, my second favorite Slysz (behind the Swayback, which is one of the greatest knives of all time).

I carry both knives frequently. I really like the stone washed finish and gimping on the Techno 2 blade compared to the Chef. But I really like the belly on the Chef blade for a number of tasks.
The Chef is a fair bit larger, both blade length and closed in pocket. Does the size difference steer you in one direction? I carry the Techno 2 in the watch pocket of my jeans but carry the Chef in the larger pocket as it doesn’t fit in the watch pocket.

Back