1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Techno

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by RICKSTER, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RICKSTER

RICKSTER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I finally picked up a used Techno from one of my good friends here on the forum, I'm pleased to say I'm very impressed with this little Bull Dog of a knife.
    Who ever flamed this one did a great job, The action is like butter............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. schwome

schwome

Jan 7, 2009
    Sexy!!

3. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    Awesome knife I've been lusting after the Techno for about a month now. How are you liking it so far?

4. The-Stig

The-Stig

Jul 7, 2012
    Cool color effect there, really looks neat. Especially when there's some purples on the locking side. I love my Techno, maybe I'll get it anodized one day.

5. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Great little blade.

6. CR33

CR33 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2011
    That looks fantastic.

7. RICKSTER

RICKSTER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Ben,
    I carried it to work today, the little bull-dog of a knife is great, I can't believe I waited all this time to try one out, If you haven't tried one yet, you need to :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    Mine has not left my pocket since I got it in September 2012.

9. quigibo

quigibo

Dec 29, 2012
    That thing has to make one hell of a racket when it goes through the washing machine :D

10. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I just got mine in the mail tonight, from a fellow forum member and I already really really like it.
    I do feel the need to pimp though,I will see what happens.

11. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    Very good to know.

12. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    It's a great little knife, for sure. Mine has been in my pocket every day since getting it in August last year.

13. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Techno is a great knife.

14. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    The Techno is one of my top 5 Spyderco's and my favorite "little big knife". The blue anodizing looks awesome, but I also love the stonewash, they did a fantastic job.

[​IMG]

15. knolan

knolan

Apr 23, 2013
    Very pretty flame job Rickster! I'm just very glad this colab w/Spyderco and Marcin Slysz was ultimately chosen to be produced out of the Taichung Taiwan plant. They not only did Marcin's "Mouse Folder" justice but actually improved upon it with the excellent CTS-XHP steel and wire tip-up carry clip.

My favorite Spyderco's are from Taichung where they seem to excel at perfection at every point of assembly and finish. Like many others who try it, the Techno has become my favorite knife and I continue to be amazed at how good it really is. Ironically enough, I ordered it believing I'd probably flip it or only carry it occasionally and it has simply become, what I believe is the closest thing to my idea of the perfect EDC folder.

I'm truly grateful this knife has remained something of a sleeper, flying under the radar of most buyers/collectors as they dismiss it as being either too beefy or heavy, too small, too thick 4.5mm blade stock, etc...or else we would be paying PM2/Southard secondary mkt prices!

16. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    My Techno came with the wrong clip,non deep carry.This is the second attempt
    see below.{pardon the crapy pic}

Attached Files:

• side.jpg
      side.jpg
      File size:
      71.2 KB
      Views:
    • top.jpg
      top.jpg
      File size:
      89.5 KB
      Views: