TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Hi P-Nuts. Can you email me at robinson81185 at yahoo dot com. I have a few questions but just joined and it looks like private messaging isnt available to me. Thanks

Thanks for the interest and encouragement from several people. Be sure and read my post in For Sale by Dealers under Gadgets & Gear to stay up to date with availability. I can't repost according to the rules so check over there from time to time.

Have a great weekend!
George

Last edited:
Making progress : We sent our first, albeit small, accessory, "reinforced spring for single clamp".

Photos to show difference between K02 and K03 are posted on For Sale by Dealer's. Let me know if it's clear
enough. I don't, yet, have a K03 on hand to take a picture from the front showing the rack gear of the "lifting body.."

Edit: At risk of raising ire of moderator, due to many people asking the question.
http://imgur.com/xyUBJVU
http://imgur.com/AhRkIfx

Stay tuned for more good stuff!
George

Last edited:
Hello Guys!

Good news that George`s order currently in production and will be shipped in the end of the June with all other orders.
K03 incoming too ;)

Hello Guys!

Good news that George`s order currently in production and will be shipped in the end of the June with all other orders.
K03 incoming too ;)

Paul, thats great news about the K03 being back in production. A month ago you said my order would be delayed 2-3 months(no. 8138). Glad you fixed your production issues. Will the upgraded 10mm clamp bars and clamp fixing units be shipping with these end of June orders. Just learned about the sturdier clamp bars on the Russian forum.
http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/189/1376365-243.html

PM sent for parts order.

George, Thank you for taking this on as it is a great service to profile and future profile owners to be able to get what we need/want with a reasonable shipping price!!

Paul, thats great news about the K03 being back in production. A month ago you said my order would be delayed 2-3 months(no. 8138). Glad you fixed your production issues. Will the upgraded 10mm clamp bars and clamp fixing units be shipping with these end of June orders. Just learned about the sturdier clamp bars on the Russian forum.
http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/189/1376365-243.html
Hello,

Yes, your order will be shipped on current shipping period, which was started on this month.
You must get all new fixing units and the new frame :)

Hello,

Yes, your order will be shipped on current shipping period, which was started on this month.
You must get all new fixing units and the new frame :)
Paul,

That is awsome news! I have been following this thread since last fall. I have read every translated page of the Russian forum and seen every video including subscribing to Sergey.

I have waited to order because you were always innovating and making it better. I was actually happy when you said my order was delayed so maybe I could get the latest clamp fixing units. I ordered every clamp option mainly because of shipping costs, and not wanting to wish I had later. Got replacement springs for them too.

Big thank you to George for taking this on and allowing those of us who have or want these units a way to get parts or upgrades at a reasonable cost.

Very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Ed

News....We are now taking orders for K02 Wranglerstar Kits drop shipped from the factory to you. See announcement on our For Sale by Dealer thread "S.T.A.T.E.S. K02 drop shipped available" under Gadgets and Gear category. Save money while getting US support. Go to website to order.

Update - Only one K03 Wranglerstar Kit Express left for pre-order. If you want the last one, better reserve it quick. You will not be charged until it is shipped to you.

George :)

Last edited:
So, now that we know what's going to come in early July for Express delivery, what's coming in early August? Exciting new accessories :
Removable tables (support plateau instead of clamps for "supported freehand" sharpening like with Edge Pro), One piece fixing units (Machined out of duraluminum), a few more K03 Wranglerstar kits.

Thanks to those of you who told me what you would like so I can order them at bulk to save you and fellow K02 owners shipping costs.
I've had one person interested in the case. Are there others who would want one?

George
"Honest, reliable products and service"

June shipment update: I have confirmation that the Wranglerstar kits and accessories have shipped and are in transit. This should mean that our estimate of 7 July, give or take a few days, should still be good. Just a couple of weeks until next day shipping and US support will be available. :)
George

Hello Profile Users, I am trying to make a decision between a K02 and K03 purchase.

I have watched pretty much every video I can find and read countless English and Russian forum pages. I still am having a hard time deciding if the rack and pinon lift is right for me. Does anyone have experience using both systems and can quantify the benefits that one has over the other. I'm thinking that by the time I purchase a $600 sharpener, an added $100 for the rack and pinon lift is acceptable if there is appreciable value over the lock nut approach. The K02 lift mechanism seems straight forward and reliable. I am concerned that the rack and its locking mechanism seems like it might not lock as securely as the K02 system. I am not the kind of guy who wants to buy the more expensive configuration to be cool. If the rack brings improved functionality over the lock nut approach, then it would be great if someone could elaborate on why they like rack and pinion more than the K02. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Last K03 Wranglerstar Express kit coming in two weeks has been pre-ordered, sorry. Next month I will have two more K03 Wranglerstar Express kits. However, I have 5 K02 Wranglerstar Express kits that can be pre-ordered or you can take a chance and wait until they get here.

George

Our email service provider for sale@statesllc.com has corrected the problem. You can have full confidence in placing your orders or sending messages to us through "Contact Us".

We apologize for any inconvenience.
George

Using unmounted, narrow stones on the normal width stone holder of K02.

I just finished testing unmounted, 1/2 X 6 inch, Congress Moldmaster SiC stones (full set for $17.35 + shipping) in the normal width stone holder that comes with the K02. It worked great on my SAK. Read more details in our post on For Sale by Dealers, Gadgets and Gear.

A customer asked whether it would be possible to order a retrofit kit to upgrade a K02 to K03 (with rack and pinion
angle pedestal AKA "lifting body"). I have received confirmation from Tech Studio that this, unfortunately, is not possible.

On a brighter note, the July shipment has hit US soil. We will begin sending out orders as soon as we get the parts on hand for inspection, cleaning, repair and completion of any missing items from as-factory shipped.

Stay tuned!
George

Hello Profile Users, I am trying to make a decision between a K02 and K03 purchase.

I have watched pretty much every video I can find and read countless English and Russian forum pages. I still am having a hard time deciding if the rack and pinon lift is right for me. Does anyone have experience using both systems and can quantify the benefits that one has over the other. I'm thinking that by the time I purchase a $600 sharpener, an added $100 for the rack and pinon lift is acceptable if there is appreciable value over the lock nut approach. The K02 lift mechanism seems straight forward and reliable. I am concerned that the rack and its locking mechanism seems like it might not lock as securely as the K02 system. I am not the kind of guy who wants to buy the more expensive configuration to be cool. If the rack brings improved functionality over the lock nut approach, then it would be great if someone could elaborate on why they like rack and pinion more than the K02. Thanks for your comments in advance.

I have the K02 never used the K03. For me the K02 has very fine adjustment with the threads which I like. Not sure if the K03 would be that fine if it is I would get the 03. My philosophy on buying tools like this is get the very best that's available. All of the upgrades I have seen add value to the machine.

I am interested in buying just the main body of the K03, without the clamps, or the stone holding arm. Not a kit, just the main unit. Is this possible?

I am interested in buying just the main body of the K03, without the clamps, or the stone holding arm. Not a kit, just the main unit. Is this possible?

The best that we could do is order the K03 basic body. However, it comes with the stone holding arm. The total will come to $435 + shipping from SC to you. You could have it in your hands by mid-August. Since this is a non-catalog item, for now, we will send you an email with the details and how to pay. If others are interested in a similar K03 basic body, let us know and we will add it to our catalog at S.T.A.T.E.S. [The actual cost might be $20 less due to not shipping the heavy stand or base. Only actual cost would be charged.]

Edited: $429 + shipping from SC for Express
$429 and 1 to 2 month factory direct for Drop Shipped
Has been added to our catalog
George

Last edited:
Back