TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Great news!

Most of the remainder of the mid-October order has arrived. 9 people who have been waiting for their K03 Wranglerstar kits and 1 person waiting for his K02 kit are going to be very happy. Also, the accessories have arrived. Please check the S.T.A.T.E.S. website to see the stock on hand if you wish to order accessories. Shipments to customers begin Monday.

George

Shipments began today. If you have been waiting for either sharpeners or accessories, please visit our website because most items are in stock.

Tech Studio informed us that the next big order build will be ready to ship at the end of next week. So, we seem to be on track for mid-March for many K02's and K03's as well as more accessories.

George

Just put in my order for the K03 kit and case yesterday. I was told it would be mid to end of March.

Just put in my order for the K03 kit and case yesterday. I was told it would be mid to end of March.
Hi Jeff,
I'm not sure if your post was meant to inform others, or you are concerned about my Tuesday post of mid-March vs. my telling you mid- to late-March. As those who have followed this long saga for the past year know, the delivery schedule from Tech Studio is far from certain. The orders that were fulfilled over the last month (Dec. 19th was one small batch and just this week was the rest of the batch) were ordered at the end of September. Initial estimates from Tech Studio to us were mid-October. There were many reasons for the extended delays: lack of stones from the supplier, delays in US customs, loss of the remainder of the order within the Delaware warehouse et cetera. So, please take all estimated deliveries with a large grain of salt. On our end at S.T.A.T.E.S., shipments begin the next business day after arrival of the merchandise. No charges are made against orders until items actually ship. Actual shipping is charged rather than estimated shipping.

I hope this clarifies the situation and gives you confidence in our integrity.
Best wishes to all on Blade Forums,
George

George, when do you think my recent orders will ship? order #246 and 250? If you could go ahead a process the charges, that would help me out. Thanks.

George, when do you think my recent orders will ship? order #246 and 250? If you could go ahead a process the charges, that would help me out. Thanks.
Hi Shaun,
I have the reinforced springs and the single filet clamp that I can send. I don't have the 4 piece diamond stone set in stock. It turns out the box full of loose diamond stones were all either the two-sided single stone, or the two piece set with only 25% diamond coverage. I'll send out what I have on Tuesday, because I have to take care of the backorders first, sorry.

George

Hi Jeff,
I'm not sure if your post was meant to inform others, or you are concerned about my Tuesday post of mid-March vs. my telling you mid- to late-March. As those who have followed this long saga for the past year know, the delivery schedule from Tech Studio is far from certain. The orders that were fulfilled over the last month (Dec. 19th was one small batch and just this week was the rest of the batch) were ordered at the end of September. Initial estimates from Tech Studio to us were mid-October. There were many reasons for the extended delays: lack of stones from the supplier, delays in US customs, loss of the remainder of the order within the Delaware warehouse et cetera. So, please take all estimated deliveries with a large grain of salt. On our end at S.T.A.T.E.S., shipments begin the next business day after arrival of the merchandise. No charges are made against orders until items actually ship. Actual shipping is charged rather than estimated shipping.

I hope this clarifies the situation and gives you confidence in our integrity.
Best wishes to all on Blade Forums,
George

No problem, I was just commenting on the email as to estimated availability. I have only ordered one small item via ebay from Russia, the original shipment was lost before it left that country, the second took over a month to make it over here. I have no idea what their production problems might be, and understand that in putting in a kit, the company making the actual sharpening device is more of a machining company, vs the other type facility producing stones and that all must be coordinated and put together as the "kit". I am just looking forward to receiving it as from what I have read and seen here on the internet it looks like the best thing out there, and I like the ability to use larger, longer stones.

Jeff

Notice to all owners of TSProf K02 and K03 units

S.T.A.T.E.S., LLC is temporarily suspending all sales of clamps and scissors attachments until the problem of incompatibility of "fixing units" to the various models of K02 and K03 sharpeners has been resolved. As far as we can determine, there are at least three different models pre-July 2017, post-July 2017 and now post-?? . We unknowingly shipped clamps received last week without noticing that their fixing units had been modified, again. We sincerely apologize to our customers and are getting in contact with Tech Studio to see what the situation is. I know it's frustrating for you. We founded S.T.A.T.E.S., LLC to try to make the customer experience with TSProf sharpeners more positive and this is why we are taking the action to suspend sales of clamps and scissors attachments. We are still expecting a large, bulk order of both K02 and K03 Wranglerstar kits at the end of March, but will investigate what kind of slotted bar and clamps they will have.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
George

Incase anyone is wondering what George is talking about I'm the customer he is referring to and brought this problem to George's attention,I purchased 2 scissor attachment's and a double fillet clamp set and got the wrong fixing unit's here are picture's below.

To every owner of a K02 or anything made by TechStudio I'm asking you to voice your frustration to them about the availability of part's from them,here is my take on it and like I stated in another thread I think their biggest problem is that when they see a problem with one of their model's or a place where they can improve on something instead of waiting for a year and finding more thing's to improve on they just make changes don't and don't George or anyone else know about the changes and then leave the customer and George left holding the bag.

Don't think I'm hating on TechStudio either and I'm not saying that they get out of bed every morning and say to themselve's what else can we can change about are knife sharpener's and not tell anyone about so when they go to order replacement they won't fit,I just think they do not put any effort into making any part's backwards compatible with other models,take for example the Mast they had up on their website for the K03 they made it sound like it would fit the K02 but when I called Paul who takes call's for TechStudio in Russia told me that the new Mast will not work with the K02 but here is my question if the new Mast will not work with the K02 then why even list it on the website because the K03's are the only one's that use the Mast so there is no need to even sell it.

Don't me wrong I love my K02 but I hate trying to get anything for it this is the second time now I have been screwed over all because the right person and that would be their dealer was never told about changes that were made,I ordered the Reinforced spring's and they were wrong they were for the first gen fixing unit's not the second gen.

All I can say is if you own a anything from TechStudio email them and complain and voice your concern because that's the only way thing's are going to change as far as a redesigning part's 4 times a year is going to stop and if you think I'm just talking mad then wait until you need a part for your K02 and have to 6 months for it or longer you'll be wishing you would have said something sooner.

The fixing unit below is supposed to be the Post July 2017 one from what I understand.

crmXMBK.jpg

This is the new style of fixing unit I got that won't work with my K02 it will not go over the crossbar.

6s0Dm0U.jpg

Notice to all owners of TSProf K02 and K03 units

S.T.A.T.E.S., LLC is temporarily suspending all sales of clamps and scissors attachments until the problem of incompatibility of "fixing units" to the various models of K02 and K03 sharpeners has been resolved. As far as we can determine, there are at least three different models pre-July 2017, post-July 2017 and now post-?? . We unknowingly shipped clamps received last week without noticing that their fixing units had been modified, again. We sincerely apologize to our customers and are getting in contact with Tech Studio to see what the situation is. I know it's frustrating for you. We founded S.T.A.T.E.S., LLC to try to make the customer experience with TSProf sharpeners more positive and this is why we are taking the action to suspend sales of clamps and scissors attachments. We are still expecting a large, bulk order of both K02 and K03 Wranglerstar kits at the end of March, but will investigate what kind of slotted bar and clamps they will have.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
George

Last edited:
Progress on Clamps and 3rd Gen fixing units

We have examined the new K02/K03 sharpeners that arrived mid-December and have discovered that the slotted mounting bar was modified. There is a "Saddle" or wide ridge that runs the length of the bar that the 3rd Gen "Saddle style" [our words not Tech Studio's] fixing units attach to. Here are two photos, one of the "Saddle style" slotted mounting bar with 3rd Gen "Saddle style" fixing unit, and a second thumbnail of the back of the new fixing units.
Saddle type fixing unit and saddle type mounting bar..JPG Version 3 Fixing Unit.jpg
At this point we can only supply clamps and scissors attachments that fit the 3rd Gen "Saddle style" fixing units. I will edit this post with info on whether the post-July 2017 reinforced springs will work on the 3rd Gen fixing units. Tomorrow or Monday, we will modify our website to reflect this information. Prior modifications as well as this modification were not and still have not been communicated to us by the factory.

George

In Tech Studio's defence, that does look like a much improved design.

In Tech Studio's defence, that does look like a much improved design.

Agreed. This new design provides a very solid mount with no wobble and high repeatability. All the new owners of K02 and K03 sharpeners will be delighted with the change. Unfortunately, the owners of units prior to mid-December will, apparently, not be able to buy clamps that fit their units.

I was the senior manager of a machine engineering and design department for R&D of a major international corporation for about 15 years. Continuous improvement was expected and necessary to stay ahead of the competition. However, the user departments and maintenance departments required that version control be strictly implemented. All machine drawings, assemblies, sub-assemblies and each part and fastener had a version number. That way, every prior and current model could be maintained and even modified for future improvements. Finally, any change was communicated to al affected parties via an Engineering Change Notice. Failure to comply resulted in millions of dollars of wasted manpower and incompatible spare parts.

But, all we can do in this situation is inform our customers after the fact. Sorry.
George

Edit: None of what I said should be construed as an attack, but rather meant for constructive criticism so that future improvements would help everyone and harm no one.

Last edited:
will the gen 2 fixing units fit onto the gen 3 bars? If the slot is the right size, I think they may work. I know the gen 3 clamps will not fit the gen 2 bars, that is for sure, but if I could modify my gen2 bar to work with 2 and 3 gen clamps, that would solve my problem.

It sounds like a good upgrade, but I agree that attachments should have a version number that indicates which particular model it is compatible with, and try to make upgrades backwards compatible.

That said I am anxiously looking forward to receiving my KO3 hopefully within the next six weeks. At that point I will probably look at some of the attachments and purchase before another revision, just to be on the safe side of compatibility.

will the gen 2 fixing units fit onto the gen 3 bars? If the slot is the right size, I think they may work. I know the gen 3 clamps will not fit the gen 2 bars, that is for sure, but if I could modify my gen2 bar to work with 2 and 3 gen clamps, that would solve my problem.
I just shipped the only Gen 3 unit I had left, so I don't know. For info, the saddle is 20.0 mm across. It will not fit across the Gen 1 bar; I just tried.
George

I just shipped the only Gen 3 unit I had left, so I don't know. For info, the saddle is 20.0 mm across. It will not fit across the Gen 1 bar; I just tried.
George

It sounds like a good upgrade, but I agree that attachments should have a version number that indicates which particular model it is compatible with, and try to make upgrades backwards compatible.

That said I am anxiously looking forward to receiving my KO3 hopefully within the next six weeks. At that point I will probably look at some of the attachments and purchase before another revision, just to be on the safe side of compatibility.

That is a very good idea. I regret not getting all the attachments I wanted sooner. Now I am stuck without an attachment I need, and not sure if I can get it with the correct fixing unit. Luckily, I already have the other attachments, it is just the one I am without.

That is a very good idea. I regret not getting all the attachments I wanted sooner. Now I am stuck without an attachment I need, and not sure if I can get it with the correct fixing unit. Luckily, I already have the other attachments, it is just the one I am without.
I had placed an order directly with their site at the beginning of February for a bunch of attachments I had been wanting. Nikita had asked me to advise the size of my fixing units, but I didn't understand what he was referencing as this question came in the middle of a back and forth about replacement screws for my filet clamp.

I just received an advertisement email from tsprof Sharpening announcing their new "whole milled clamps", Lansky abrasive adapter, and the aluminum frame. When I saw the picture of the new "whole milled clamps," which I had ordered I realized what a fixing unit was and that the design had changed. I've emailed their customer support to get more details, but I'll probably not hear back until Sunday night/Monday morning.

Shouldn't it be possible to upgrade the "k02 double clamp style bar" with the new ridged version and then upgrade the fixing units on the old clamping accessories?

I hope when I get mine, there is some documentation describing and identifying the parts. Some of the terminology I am hearing is unfamiliar, such as "fixing unit". It's probably something screwy about translation from Russian to English.

Back