TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

When it comes to a diamond stone it does not matter what grit it is when compared to the same grit a non diamond stone the with diamonds in it will never look truly polished,as far as chip's in the edge I have had no problems at all with that either.

That scratch pattern genuinely looks aweful on a 1200-2000 Venev stone, considering the grit level. My synthetic 6k waterstone almost brings bevels to mirror in comparison, and the grit levels are not even near the same range.. I can't quite make this make sense, other than very large particles being present in Venev bonding

I do have some Ken 0.1micon Emulsions on strop, would that be able to fully polish the edge after finishing on 2000 Venev ?

I doubt it I think you would be better using a stone then some emulsion or diamond paste.

I just got some diamond paste that comes in a 40 gram container that has 10 carat's of diamonds in it where the industry standard is 4 carats per 40 grams and I hoping to test that out in about a months time.

Do CBN stones also leave the same unpolished edge regardless of grit, like diamond stones do? I have access to order some from Poltova directly in Ukraine instead of opting for Venev stones from Russia

They will leave the type of scratch pattern,I just used a chosera 5K and they out for me really quickly.
Did you want that pdf grit conversion chart by the way.

Do you know someone at Poltava Diamond Tools or do they have a store online to ordered from.

They will leave the type of scratch pattern,I just used a chosera 5K and they out for me really quickly.
Did you want that pdf grit conversion chart by the way.

Do you know someone at Poltava Diamond Tools or do they have a store online to ordered from.

I contacted them; they were able to sell me what I needed through one of their representatives in Europe. Question is whether their metal bonded CBN will be worth the price/performance in the long run. It seems according to you, that CBN has a finer scratch pattern to the Venev ones, however Poltova does sell poly-diamond stones as well - these may behave different to Venev mono-diamond ones.

Edit: sending you an email regarding the PDF now, cheers!

The CBN and the diamond has about the same scratch pattern but the CBN cut faster,the Venev still cut fast without removing as much metal and you do not want to remove anymore metal then you need to because then your just shortening the life of the knife.

I am actually going to sharpen a few fillet knives tomorrow. I purchased all the different clamps with my KO2. Hopefully the fillet clamps work well. The only thing I have not liked so far are the conical clamps. Great idea just to small cones to make them useful.

I am actually going to sharpen a few fillet knives tomorrow. I purchased all the different clamps with my KO2. Hopefully the fillet clamps work well. The only thing I have not liked so far are the conical clamps. Great idea just to small cones to make them useful.

I will be curious how they turn out. I’d like to get a new system before September yet.

I will post my results

What don't you like about the Conical clamp's I love mine and I think they should make them stock.
Do you have a new or older K02 if you have the older style K02 where the guide rod goes into the tube and it's all made out of flat aluminum and the barrel part the holds the ball bearing's for the up and down movement of the guide rod when sharpening that's the older style of Turret on the K02 and you can get anywhere near as low of angle's with it as you can with the newer Turret.

In the picture below is the new Turret or at least that's what I call it's the anodized black part that's on top where the guide rod goes into,with that one I can sharpen a Japanese Chef knife down to 9 degree's if I wanted to I just sharpen mine at 11 degree's.The reason you sharpen at lower angles with the newer Turret is because the rod is threaded all the way up to the Black Anodized part where on the older version you have a silver part that goes down the shaft a good bit witch limit's how low the Turret can be lowered.

If Tsprof will sell a Turret assembly you can retro fit it onto an older K02 without any problems I have an older and a newer version and I checked and it will work,you do not need the newer rack and pinion style lifting unit either the old plane jane one you raise and lower by hand will work just fine and that's what I have on my older K02.

PKJkcFJ.jpg

Also if you look at the picture below I cut the tab's back on the guide rod because I plane to always use edge pro format stones and I have a spare guide rod.
The reason for me cutting the tab's back was because at really low angle's I could not get the full stroke of the stone without the tab's hitting the black part of the Turret,I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was when I sharpened my Japanese Chef knives the tab's would always hit.

1j07C7i.jpg

What don't you like about the Conical clamp's I love mine and I think they should make them stock.
Do you have a new or older K02 if you have the older style K02 where the guide rod goes into the tube and it's all made out of flat aluminum and the barrel part the holds the ball bearing's for the up and down movement of the guide rod when sharpening that's the older style of Turret on the K02 and you can get anywhere near as low of angle's with it as you can with the newer Turret.

In the picture below is the new Turret or at least that's what I call it's the anodized black part that's on top where the guide rod goes into,with that one I can sharpen a Japanese Chef knife down to 9 degree's if I wanted to I just sharpen mine at 11 degree's.The reason you sharpen at lower angles with the newer Turret is because the rod is threaded all the way up to the Black Anodized part where on the older version you have a silver part that goes down the shaft a good bit witch limit's how low the Turret can be lowered.

If Tsprof will sell a Turret assembly you can retro fit it onto an older K02 without any problems I have an older and a newer version and I checked and it will work,you do not need the newer rack and pinion style lifting unit either the old plane jane one you raise and lower by hand will work just fine and that's what I have on my older K02.

PKJkcFJ.jpg

Also if you look at the picture below I cut the tab's back on the guide rod because I plane to always use edge pro format stones and I have a spare guide rod.
The reason for me cutting the tab's back was because at really low angle's I could not get the full stroke of the stone without the tab's hitting the black part of the Turret,I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was when I sharpened my Japanese Chef knives the tab's would always hit.

1j07C7i.jpg
Good to know. The first image shows the clamps attached in an unusual direction, which I haven't seen before. Why this mounting method?

I just don't think they make a huge difference? I thought it was ok on thin FFG blades but useless on a FFG hunting or outdoor knife. Wish they made it with bigger cones for a greater range.

I just got my KO2 maybe 4-5 months ago but mine is all silver. Its amazing I just got it and it's not the latest model! Their customer service sucks so no sense complaining. I do love it. I have done 2.5" pocket knives and did a 18" machete last night. Very versatile

Last edited:
Those are scissor attachment's and I using it to sharpen planer blade's,they say you use it to sharpen straight razors but I have never heard of anyone from Tsprof doing so.

C Copper44 I have done one Fillet knife with my K02 and you can do it but you need to use 3 clamp's to sharpen one to make it more stiff and I also supported the knife on the underside when I was sharpening.

I used the single and double fillet clamps at the same time.

Definitely not easy due to thin and flexibility. Easier to do on my Ken Onion WS.

Hmm. Well I was thinking this or edge pro. I am left handed and was worried about the worksharp being awkward for me. I will also be doing a lot of kitchen knives.

Edge pro is awesome with your dominant hand. PITA with the other hand!!! Love my TSPROF. Just ordered 6 Shapton Glass stones for it tonight. Can't wait to try them

Back