Tell me about HK Tactical Knives?

For 25years i own many HK firearms but i never thought about trying HK Tactical Knives until now, because i’ve always owned and carried Benchmade Tactical Knives.
Can people that own HK tactical knives tell me which models, and what your likes about them are??
OR can Anyone tell me how they like or dislike HK tactical knives??
Thank You, and have a great weekend.
Daniel

I have several HK Knives, when they were partnered with Benchmade. Quality is good like any other Benchmade, and there are several models out there in different styles. The HK Snody Tanto I have is excellent in quality, these Snody designed models were some of the first Benchmades/HKs that were knocked off/copied by Ganzo.

My later HKs still under the Benchmade umbrella are more generic Chinese manufacture. Workmanlike designs with assisted opening. Not bad, just different.

HK now is partnered with Hogue. No idea on current designs. Still likely very good!

They were produced by benchmade but now Hogue produces them. From what I’ve heard, Hogue does a better job with them.

Posted in wrong post
Ok thank you sir, sorry, i’m New,,, haha,,,
with the thought of learning, would you please tell me which post this should be posted in? Because before i originally posted i looked through the whole list of posts and several of the “instructions for posting” posts, and i didn't see anywhere other better. Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Ok thank you,,, with the thought of learning, would you please tell me which post this should be posted in? Before i originally posted i looked through the whole list of posts and several of the “instructions for posting” posts. Thanks for your help please.
You’re fine, I’m guessing the comment was to clarify that Weasipoint accidentally posted in the wrong thread, and then edited it.

Ok thank you,,, with the thought of learning, would you please tell me which post this should be posted in? Before i originally posted i looked through the whole list of posts and several of the “instructions for posting” posts. Thanks for your help please.

Yes I'm sorry, I had posted my own comment in the wrong section, no issues with your post

If you're an Hk aficionado, it might be worth it to you to track down one of the above mentioned (long since discontinued) Snody designed AXIS lock knives by Benchmade. There a few different variants, all great knives with a bit of a cult following. I got one as my first "good" knife back in the day when I was mostly interested in firearms, and to this day it is my favorite Benchmade. Keep in mind that this is a 10-15 year old model however, and not always easy to find. There were some later Hk Benchmade AXIS models released over the years, solid knives but a bit less refined feeling. There were a couple interesting autos as well. For some reason that I could never figure out, at some point BM decided to position the Hk sub-brand as a budget line. Stick with the USA made stuff and you should be good.

As mentioned, current production of Hk branded knives is done by Hogue. I haven't tried any of the line, but as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with Hogue. Highly regarded by most all, and I've been impressed with every one I've owned.

Here's my Benchmade Snody Hk. IIRC the model # is 14250 and other variants of the model are in the #142XX range.

NRkXrEo.jpg

And here's a later model AXIS lock Hk by Benchmade. A great knife IMO, but as I mentioned a bit less smooth and refined feeling than the one above. Still a favorite of mine though.

te1siFh.jpg

Back