Tell Me About My New Hinderer Xm-18(Rare?)

Hey there! Recently picked up a Hinderer xm-18 3" Slicer for a literally ridiculous deal(go ahead, ask me how much.) It was recently posted on eBay and I barely looked at the picture before submitting an offer because I know the slicer grinds are harder to find. I made the purchase and was looking forward to receiving it and when I opened it up I saw that it wasn't just a plane jane stonewashed version(the pictures made it very hard to tell) but a working finish Two-Tone where the flats on the blade are satin. Although the description on eBay did not mention this, I was pleasantly surprised as I think it is beautiful. I noticed that this flavor of Xm-18 doesn't really exist anywhere else except on a discontinued knifecenter page(which is probably the case for a lot of xm-18s) but I was just curious if anyone knew any more about this particular model and if its rare enough to warrant not abusing it(I know there are a lot of emotions tied to this concept but humor me.) It was also interesting to me that the thumb stud is different than on my other xm-18 3" Anyway, Check it out! It's beautiful! And if the person I purchased it from is reading this, thank you!
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpg Untitled-4.jpg Untitled-5.jpg

It is discontinued so its up to you whether you are gonna baby or use it. Personally I would use it. Regardless, it is a good score. The knife looks clean / not much used, so 275 dollars are a very fair price.

Not that rare. Use it and use it good! Those little runs of knives that they do don’t (currently) hold much extra value. I just picked up a TAD XM-24 Skinny Slicer TOPO for $425. Not sure what it was new, but at least $595, probably more with TAD involved.

A nice knife and you got a decent deal, but I can't think of any reason not to use it. That is what it was made for. The 3" is my favorite XM and makes a great EDC.

Last edited:
Back