Recommendation? Tempted by the Scout folder

As the title suggests, I’m seriously tempted by a stag Böker Scout. Just the standard model, not the Boy Scout, nor the lightweight version. Could any owners give me their thoughts on this knife?

I like to use knives, I spend as much of my free time outdoors as possible. I love the aesthetics of the knife, but would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this model.

Hope you can help!

Tom :)

Hi Tom, I would highly recommend the Boker Scout, it’s a fantastic knife. I don’t have stag, but Thuja wood.
The fit and finish is perfect. Decent pull. The blade is completely centered, and the grind is nice and straight.
Size and feel are pretty similar to a Buck 112 Ranger. But to a higher quality.
It quickly became one of my favorites, I think Boker hit a home run with these.

Last edited:
I'll also concur that the size is similar to a Buck 112. It's a great knife and I love Boker but I honestly think Buck does a better job with lock back knives. My one gripe is that Boker does not include a sheath with theirs.

R RevolverGuy here is what came with my thuya Scout.

uF27FXs.jpg

Maybe they're including them now. My earliest Scout was purchased in the 90s (125th anniversary edition) and my last was early-mid 2000s. None came with sheath. Interesting that the sheaths are made in China. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
The Boker Scout/Buck 112 comparison is a good example. Personally, I like the 112 a little bit better. The in-hand grip on the 112 is better in my opinion. If I didn't have a 112 to compare it to I would be enamored with the Scout but the Scout seems to be a well made and sturdy knife.

EDIT: I feel compelled to add that the tip of the blade on my Scout sits dead even with the top of the bolster when the blade is closed. It's not catching on anything yet but it's so close that the first re-profiling of the edge will probably cause the tip to protrude above the bolster. The tip of the 112's blade is nicely buried inside the blade well. Plenty of room for numerous re-profiles before the tip even comes close to protruding.

Here's my Scout next to one of my 112's.
Scout and 112.jpg

Last edited:
Back