Tempur-Pedic Beds

So it's about that time for a new bed. These beds represent a sizable investment, however that's not the real deciding factor. I'm interested to know how other owners feel about sleeping on the bed?and about the investment?. The beds have a 25yr warranty, and I have lied on one at the store, it felt very good. Thanks

Make that another inquiring mind wants to know. We're at a point where we are buying a new bed, and are asking the same question. How well do the owners of these beds like them?

My brother has one; he has partial paralysis (nerve death as a result of an emergency surgery, not spinal) and had issues sleeping comfortably on traditional mattresses. He told me that it took some getting used to, he thought he might test their return policy at first, but that it is now the best bed he's ever slept on. He has their cloud model if I remember correctly.

Check out sleep EZ online we were in the market for a new bed and while doing some research we decided on a latex mattress set from them, it's not a "memory foam" that you sink into but a natural latex that supports you.
My girlfriend has asthma and this mattress is hypo alergenic and anti microbial, which means no bed bugs, not that i had any! it helps her breathing also. They have got a 20 year non prorated warranty, most warranties start prorating you after the first year so don't be fooled by "25" year warranties. Check them out, best purchase i have ever made... and no i have no affiliation with them whatsoever.

Last edited:
I have a Tempur bed. And pillows too.
Both the Mrs. and I are only sorry about one thing; that we didn't get one 20 years ago.
I am 6'5" and can honestly say that I have not had a single day with back-aches or any other aches for that matter.
I love sleeping on those mattresses!

They can be warm during summer though, not that that would be any problem up here...

I like my tempurpedic after 2 years. Helps with back pain. I managed to score a floor model at 1/3 off.

We have one and we like it. If I were doing it all over agian I probably wouldn't buy it, though. It just gets too dang hot.

Love my tempurpedic cloud..... my wife went crazy and had a temporary lapse of self control... bought the cloud and the remote control bed frame that elevates head and feet and freakin vibrates.... it is great and you really do feel minimum movement from the wife when she tosses and turns.

Also able to dig your toes in for traction when the situation calls for it.;)

Thumbs up:thumbup:

I have one..maybe about 9 months..

Takes me maybe 30 seconds to fall asleep.. Wake up and my covers are on the same place when I fell asleep.

Best sleep I have ever had..they are expensive!! 7,000 is what I think I paid.. I have no regrets..

Great at the store, not so much at home.

talk about heat build up. For the price, these should come with built in air conditioner.

When my stepson moved out, I used his new Tempur-Pedic until he came to get it (six months). I think it could be great for someone with a serious back problem like lumbar spondylosis. It's like a water bed without the water. I hated it. I'd take one over a water bed, but that's all. For sex I would rather sleep on the floor.

My personal preferences:

1) ultra firm latex mattress on a wooden platform
2) traditional futon on a wooden platform

I've been happy with mine for over 10 years now. Back when I got it there was only one model, not like now. It was still expensive, I think about $2000-$2400 for the queen-size, but some of the best money I ever spent.

I didn't care for the pillows though. We got a couple "My Pillows" back when the guy who started them was still selling them himself (I actually bought my first Delica from Sal when he was still selling at fairs, too). and they're the best pillow I've ever had. They live up to the claims, too- my wife washes them every week and they've been going for years now.

Hope this helps- there's nothing like a decent nights sleep. I almost hate to travel anymore!

We're one and one, here. I am 6'2 and have large shoulders, wearing a size 54 jacket. The bed gives little, so I needed to spend some time getting the pillow situation right for me (old back injury makes me a side sleeper only) as until I did my neck and shoulders hurt a lot. Never had back problems on this bed though, and now the that pillows are the right height, I am fine. As mentioned above, the bed sleeps a bit warmly as noticed by my significant other.

I like hard as a rock beds, and this one is just below that. It is sturdy enough to bend the kinks out of my back at the end of the day, but if I had it my way it would be a bit more sturdy. You sink where you apply pressure, but where there is little pressure there is little give. So for me at 285, it sinks at the pressure points of hips and shoulders. However, my feet and legs don't stay straight or sink a bit with the bed because they aren't heavy enough to do so. So, as witnessed by measuring and picture taking my my other half, on this bed I am like a tilted, lightly elevated "V" with my head on the pillow and my feet higher than normal when on my side. It is different, but as I said, I don't wake up with any back problems.

My significant other finds the bed too hard, and difficult to move around in. It is the Cloud model, and if she slept on her back as she did when trying it in the store, she would love it. She gets warm in the bed as well, and is annoyed to turn down the A/C a couple of degree to compensate for it.

Also, since she is an "active" sleeper, she finds the difficulty of moving in the matress annoying. When she sinks down, apparently she fine tunes her position, and that means you move to another spot and that has to sink down to give you the feeling you want. If it sinks and that isn't it, she has to fine tune again. Worse, the bed is too hard for her, and it makes her back hurt.

In a reversal, we got the Tempurpedic pillows and I hate them and she loves them. I felt like I put my head in a bag of wet sand and it mashed my face. Someway, she loves these pillows.

We have had the bad about six weeks now, and I would bet it is going back soon. It is quite an investment to not be completely happy with it.

For the champions of this bed (and there are indeed some rabid fanboy individuals), please understand that this is my opinion, and my opinion only. I am not attempting to represent the Tempurpedic bed in a pro or con position, only expressing my personal experience.

Robert

Don't they make sheets or liners that are supposed to help with the heat issues?

I have a friend who bought one and he said it was warmer, but he bought something that helped with it, and no it was not an air conditioner ;)

Beds are pretty subjective for everyone. Add age, health, and injury related issues and it becomes even more subjective.

When I was younger and healthier, I liked a very firm bed. Part of this was due to a fairly lightweight (~140lbs) body and a healthy back. Pressure points where never an issue. Now, I'm about 30lbs heavier and after breaking two seatbacks and bending a third after rear end collisions, I find a pillow top spring mattress works best. The Themapepedic style pillows I have work very well for neck pain while sleeping.

With the pillows being as hot as they are, I can't imagine being happy with a mattress made of the same material.

I had one for a while after my back injury (Dr. recommended it) and hated every moment of it. I'm a warm sleeper and the mattress seemed to trap the heat making it uncomfortably hot. I'm also an 'active' sleeper and move around a lot. While the wife liked the fact that she couldn't feel me moving around as much, it actually caused me to move around even more due to the fact that it takes a bit for the mattress to 'settle' every time I moved. I also need a firm bed and hate pillow tops. This bed was like a giant pillow top. Then again, I know a few people who have them and love them. It just wasn't for me. For the price of a Tempur Pedic, you can buy one heck of a nice conventional style bed so do your research.

I had one but had to get rid of it when my wife, girlfriend at the time decided to move in.

It was fine a little hot in the summer but nothing a mattress cover didn't fix.

Nowadays we use a rock hard foam latex mattress and a thick 5 inch me.pry foam topper by another mattress company. We've had it going on 5 years and no issues at a fraction of the cost of a tempurpedic. We still put a mattress cover on it to help with the heat.

Back