Tempur-Pedic Beds

I just got a bed from walmart online. It is the memory foam layer(3"), then an air cool layer(3") to solve getting hot and then a (6") firm layer for support. They sell for 500+/-. We also got the frame made for that bed. I went from 1-1.5 hrs to fall asleep to 30 minutes.....
Just check out WM online and it is the one with a few thousand reviews and 4-5 stars.

We've had a king sized Tempurpedic for about 2 yrs now and I'll never sleep on anything else at home again. I use one of their pillows, too. I've had back problems for years due to a degenerating spine and herniated disks in my neck. But I haven't had a backache when I wake up since we got the bed... not even once. I get them with hotel & resort beds, but not at home.

It's also good that we can't feel each other moving around at night. We sleep with three big dogs... fuzzy dogs... dogs that like to be close to you when they sleep. You want hot?

Honestly, though, I haven't noticed any issues with the bed trapping heat. I'm just happy to have found this one after trying Sealy, Simmons, and a bunch of other mattress brands that were touted as "good for backaches" but didn't help me.

We've had one for about ten years, and we've been happy with it. Its not the tempurpedic brand name, but it is the same thing. I have some minor back issues and I find this mattress more comfortable than conventinal ones. My side has developed a me-shaped depression in it, so it may be about time to replace it. I'd get another.

We have a Sleep Number bed. The adjustability is awesome. Some nights, 45 is the ticket. Other nights, 90-100 fits the bill. Love it.

When my stepson moved out, I used his new Tempur-Pedic until he came to get it (six months). I think it could be great for someone with a serious back problem like lumbar spondylosis. It's like a water bed without the water. I hated it. I'd take one over a water bed, but that's all. For sex I would rather sleep on the floor.

My personal preferences:

1) ultra firm latex mattress on a wooden platform
2) traditional futon on a wooden platform

^^^^^^
+1 Firm latex on a wooden platform! sleep ez, and it cost under 2000.00 waaaay cheaper than sleep number or tempurpedic. 20 year non prorated warranty!

Last edited:
I have the cheaper alternative Bob o pedic and have had no complaints I have had 3 back surgeries and have issues sleeping through the night no matter what I am sleeping on. I bought the firm model and still sleep with a sheet of plywood between the mattress and box spring. My wife complained the first time she laid down on it but was asleep in 5 minutes. Now she swears by it.
My kids also love it.

My wife and I have had a tempur-pedic for the past 2-3 years and it is great for us. She has had some back issues after being in a car wreck right after she got out of high school. Since we have had the tempur-pedic it has helped a lot with her lower back, and mine too for that matter. The old bed we had was a name brand I can't recall but it was about like sleeping on a sack of feathers, no support at all. I don't notice any heat retention when sleeping. I can sleep with or without a fan and be comfortable with the temperature and not feel hot. I have slept on foam top and pillow top beds since and notice they aren't as comfortable to me.

I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything, Yes they are a little pricey but IMO they are worth every penny! Best sleep you will ever get I promise you that, I work nights and I used to have a real problem going to sleep when I got off, or sleeping during the day, So I bought the bed after trying a few of the other beds mentioned in this thread, and it is literally the best investment I have ever made, Saturday night I slept 13 hours!

never owned one, but spent over 200 nights a year in hotels, did this for about 4 years. one of the hotels I spent 60 to 70 nights a year in had tempur pedics.

hated it, had to have the air on in the winter time. to keep the temp down to at least 65 just to sleep without sweating.

I will say, once it was cool enough to sleep they were very comfortable.

I have heard the new ones are addressing the heat issues.

good luck, A good nights sleep is a great thing.

My Wife & I slept on the same mattress for about 12 years and decided it was time for a new one. We balked at memory foam for a couple reasons, price & my Brother-in-Law saying while his Tempurpedic was comfy it was indeed a furnace and he felt a bit confined. He has the "old school" Temp that too me looks like just a huge chunk of foam.

We bought a traditional plush top, slept on it 4 nights and had them pick it up. Then we had a little higher end model with a plush layer of gel delivered and slept on that 3 nights before we had it picked too. Round 3 was another traditional with some other plush top and that lasted 2 nights! Was getting ridiculous as it was either good for me, but not the Wife or vise versa.. After laying on at least 15 different foam mattresses we decided to go for it. We ended up with a Simmons Comfor-pedic that had a nice casing and so called "cooling" features. It's been a year now and the Wife & I enjoy some of the best sleep ever. There are a lot of choices and many of the new models are not hot sleepers.

The guy at the store was terrific to us even though we sent them out 4 times!

Pretty much the same, but lower than 60 degrees is where the sweating slows down for me, at 72 degrees I turn into a prune on those beds.

Comfortable for sure, but having to move to find a cooler spot kept me up and woke me up several times a night.

So in the winter they're great, in the summer, unbearable.

Happy 5 year Tempurpedic owner here. I used the pillows for a while too, but eventually went back to big fluffy down pillows.

Finally pulled the trigger on one 4 months ago. Wife and I both love a hard bed but I feared the stories I've heard about it beging warm (live in Texas so real issue). We'll never sleep on another bed again. The first month we both woke up saying "that kind of felt wierd but best night of sleep we've had..." They are pricy but think getting something that you're spending 1/3 of your life on is absolutely worth it.

I'd love to have a Tempur-Pedic but will probably get a Sleep Number for our next mattress. Nava likes a very soft mattress and I like a very hard mattress; our relationship has lasted through two of them so far. First I was uncomfortable, now we tried to compromise and we're both uncomfortable. :)

We've had a TempurPedic for about six months now, and it's great. In our particular model there were a couple variations with modifications that keep the mattress cool. We opted for the "coolest" model, and we've had no problems with heat. I think our cost us about $4000, though. Ours was a 0% interest loan for 36 months, as I recall.

We've had a TempurPedic for about six months now, and it's great. In our particular model there were a couple variations with modifications that keep the mattress cool. We opted for the "coolest" model, and we've had no problems with heat. I think our cost us about $4000, though. Ours was a 0% interest loan for 36 months, as I recall.

Was this the model:Tempur-Pedic Cloud® Supreme Breeze? This was the model we went with, just for the cooling factor. Thanks

Was this the model:Tempur-Pedic Cloud® Supreme Breeze? This was the model we went with, just for the cooling factor. Thanks

Yup, that's exactly our bed. I had to look it up in my receipts file. It only cost $3200, not $4000 like I said. I think it was only $2400 or $2600 without the Supreme Breeze.

With box springs, two pillows, a mattress anti-allergen sleeve, and tax, it all came to a bit over $3900.

100 day money back guarantee, too, plus free delivery.

I used to sell them and would never sleep on one. I (we) have a 100 % Latex mattress, and it's the best mattress I have ever owned. Can't wait to hit it tonight. I'm tired

coming up on 12 years for mine. I would spent the money again in a heart beat.

However, after 12 years, It is not nearly as firm as it used to be.

I weigh 350, so that might have something to do with it.

I am a back and side sleeper, depending on how my back feels.

The newer ones have choices. Mine is the old version, and there were no options.

In the newer beds, I think I prefer the firmer model.

They do feel warmer than other beds to me. I am ok with that. But also, my old bed sleeps "softer" in the heat than it does in cold weather. We open our window even in the winter, and it makes a big difference in the firmness level.

The first night I slept on it, it felt like my back was in "traction". Almost like some one was pulling on my legs to stretch my spine.

The second night I was out, and really slept like a rock!

It got to the point where I was so glad to lay down and feel my back relax, and stretch out!

It does feel different moving around on one, compared to a regular mattress.

It does not transfer motion, which is a huge deal. You can roll around and not wake your partner up!

Back