Terrible News

Dawkind

Platinum Member
I’m reluctant to pass along the news that a very wonderful man and a friend to many here has passed away very unexpectedly, my great friend and fine Gentleman, Bruce ‘Bing’ Bingenheimer.

Please pray for him, his family, loved ones and friends. He will be sorely missed, I’m heartbroken...God Bless and God Speed and may Bruce Rest In Peace.❤️

He was with Mike Quisenberry and they were headed to Travis Wertz’s Hammer-In....no other details at this time.

EDITED TO ADD: This newspaper article from a few years ago...thank you David Sharp.

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/bla...87d0090e-1765-11e0-8107-001cc4c002e0.amp.html

Taken in Arkansas by Lin Rhea 3 weeks ago....God Rest his kind soul.
large.jpg

Last edited:
Oh geez!!

I reached out to Mike today, and he (uncharacteristically) was brusque. Now I know why.

Bing, you will be missed. You were a gentleman in the true sense of the word.

Smoke sent for family and friends.

Steven Garsson

Bing was one of the good ones. He always acted like we had known each other forever, and was a hoot to talk to.
Sad news indeed, his family is in our prayers.

I'm shocked and saddened by this. Bing was one of my earliest mentors, a heck of a knifemaker and one of the best people I have ever met. He was one of my best friends. We spent a LOT of time together at shows and talked at least once weekly by phone, including last week. He will be greatly missed.......terribly sad news indeed.

I'm absolutely shocked. I didn't know him personally but respected his work immensely. It never gets easier hearing this kind of news. Prayers sent for Bruce's family and friends.

Just got a text about this a few minutes ago and it all feels so surreal. Bing was a really good friend to me. I met him at a hammer in several years ago and we became quick friends. He invited me to his shop after that and I later made a trip to NV and he and his wonderful wife put me up for a weekend. Bing showed me some fantastic tricks that have helped me significantly since then. I remember feeling kind of weird that he was just so kind and shared so much. Mike Q. came through town and it was so fun to be a fly on the wall and try to soak up as much as I could from them. Bing later came up to Idaho and we got together a few times, including going to the Seattle show together. He was always so gracious and helpful.

I’ve been looking forward to June immensely-I had a folder class scheduled with Bing after he got back from Blade. We were going to hang out, he could unwind, and fun knife stuff would ensue :). The best part about knife time with Bing was being with Bing. He always put up with my random questions, texts, and calls. I sent him a text earlier today and hadn’t heard back yet....

Bing had an amazing story and loved his family greatly. I will be praying for them all. It feels a good bit like there’s a hole knowing he’s gone. I’m really going to miss you, my friend...

Jeremy

Absolutely devastated by this news - Bing was an amazing guy and great maker; always so generous with his time and knowledge...we had just chatted last week about meeting up at Blade. He will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace my friend.

It seems like we keep getting more and more of these calls. I hate to hear this. When I was told, they said 'Bruce passed away' and my heart dropped. I thought they were talking about Bruce Bump at first and then they said Bing. It's a numbing feeling. I really hope that Mike is doing okay. I couldn't imagine being in his position and I pray I never am.

Bing was a great guy and supported his friends. Hard to find people as good as him. The knife community won't be the same without him.

Honestly, I know more calls like this will come and I dread every one of them. He will be missed by everyone that knew him! My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Back