• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Terrible service from PVKvegas

I will do my best to keep this short and to the point. Bought a knife, an expensive knife, from PVKvegas. Have delt with them before without any problems. Not this time. I called before placing the order to see if they'd ship USPS to my PO Box. They agreed. Only then did I place the order. It took them one day to bill my credit card but two weeks and multiple phone calls before they shipped. And of course, despite promises, they shipped FedEx to my billing address. Terrible service. Never again. Too many other reputable people to buy from.

their website / UI is about the most antiquated thing ive seen in a while. tried to order a LUDT 5 times and finally gave up. worthless.

This section is packed with PVK complaints. Praise too, but sooooo many complaints. It would be wrong to say that I'm not surprised to read about people complaining about Josh's terrible service because I am indeed surprised that people actually risk buying from him in the first place.

I ordered a Microtech from there in the early 2000s, probably 01 or 02. They delivered the wrong knife after taking over three weeks to ship the knife. I sent sever emails over the time from ordering till shipping to ask that they just cancel the order, never a response. I asked to send it back for a refund to which I also never got a response. I have not been back as a customer since.

I ordered a Guardian Tactical OTF from them… everything was fine with the transaction except I got a phone call from them asking if I had “really” ordered the knife and if my address was correct. I didn’t really understand this. Otherwise no issues, but was weird enough that I’m not sure I’d deal with them again

I ordered a Guardian Tactical OTF from them… everything was fine with the transaction except I got a phone call from them asking if I had “really” ordered the knife and if my address was correct. I didn’t really understand this. Otherwise no issues, but was weird enough that I’m not sure I’d deal with them again

Was it your first purchase with them? I wouldn't be too weirded out on that one, you likely had something that tripped a flag in their fraud filter system (diff bill/ship, a typo causing the billing address not to verify, etc) and they called to make sure it wasn't a scammer using a stolen card, fraud is super high on OTFs.

That's disappointing to hear, G Gaboon . I've routinely ordered from PVK over the past decade and have never had an issue.

Was it your first purchase with them? I wouldn't be too weirded out on that one, you likely had something that tripped a flag in their fraud filter system (diff bill/ship, a typo causing the billing address not to verify, etc) and they called to make sure it wasn't a scammer using a stolen card, fraud is super high on OTFs.
Huh never thought about that. Makes a lot of sense.

I wouldn't say I had a bad experience per se, but it did take him almost two and a half weeks to mail my order, and when I called them about it, he said he was confused by my address as entered, to which I did kinda think "... then why didn't you just e-mail me to ask..."

Ordered an Ultratech from Josh couple weeks ago.
No issues at all.

I visited those guys about 8 weeks ago. Great help. Ive never purchased online from them but in person they were great.

Normally service is good?
I will do my best to keep this short and to the point. Bought a knife, an expensive knife, from PVKvegas. Have delt with them before without any problems. Not this time. I called before placing the order to see if they'd ship USPS to my PO Box. They agreed. Only then did I place the order. It took them one day to bill my credit card but two weeks and multiple phone calls before they shipped. And of course, despite promises, they shipped FedEx to my billing address. Terrible service. Never again. Too many other reputable people to buy from.

He has had spotty customer service record for a long time. Not known to be a thief.

I recently had the same STELLAR service from them after not ordering for some time. Sorry but I like this place. :rolleyes:

I've had ridiculous nightmare service on a couple occasions...it was worked out in the end, and I'll probably order again but only if I can't get it anywhere else🤷‍♂️

Back