Terrio Chef's Knife

Finally getting around to posting some photos of the knife in use. The more I use it, the more I love it! It is still razor sharp without any need for touch-up yet.

First project was slicing up a bunch of onions (3 or 4, I think) to be caramelized for a goat cheese, caramelized onion, and honey pizza. I was able to get nice, thin slices with this knife.

Did a lot of other stuff since then, but finally got out the camera (although it was cell phone) again tonight. This time, I made some ice box pickles. Again, able to make consistent and fairly thin slices.

Can't eat too many onions.... Sliced so thin you can see through the onion. (Realized I posted the wrong photo.)

James even included this fancy sheath.... :D

I suppose I should make something more impressive, but it protects the edge while the knife sits in the drawer.

I couldn't be happier with the knife! Highly recommend buying one before they are all gone!

Last edited:
I'd store it in a butcher block. But that's just me. That's a really good looking knife there. Looks like a fine cutter too. I need some of those.

Glad you're liking it!

I sometimes make simple leather covers, for people who either don't have a knife block or whose block is already full. Barring that, I'm a big fan of those magnetic strips you mount to the wall to store kitchen knives out of the way and so they don't rattle around against other stuff. For Pete's sake, please don't just toss a fine knife in a drawer... :eek:

Looks like a fine cutter too. I need some of those.

Stay tuned, they will be more :)

Glad you're liking it!

I sometimes make simple leather covers, for people who either don't have a knife block or whose block is already full. Barring that, I'm a big fan of those magnetic strips you mount to the wall to store kitchen knives out of the way and so they don't rattle around against other stuff. For Pete's sake, please don't just toss a fine knife in a drawer... :eek:

I keep it in the drawer to protect it from my wife...she's tough on knives (and tools)... ;)
It's a nice safe spot with my ESEE kitchen knives and BK5 where it doesn't rattle around. But I do think I need to make a leather slip cover for it...along with the dozen or more other projects I have going.

Thanks for the pics, Greg!

My Terrio kitchen knife is my most used knife. Can't get enough of it.

My Terrio kitchen knife is my most used knife. Can't get enough of it.

Thanks! There are a lot of things I like about making kitchen cutlery, but that's my favorite... you get to use them every time you cook, not just on special occasions like hunting/camping trips or TEOTWAWKI :)

I need to get myself a few really nice kitchen knives.
These pics perk my interest that's for sure! NICE!

I had the opportunity to use one of James' first chef's knife over the course of a few days. I've handled quite a few high-end chef's knives over the years (many through BF passarounds), and the Terrio kitchen knife was probably my favorite overall. My wife definitely liked it the best. Highly recommended!!! :thumbup:

Can't wait for them to become a regular offering! :cool:

Back