Testing a Strider

Mick,
Nothing offends me. I was just voicing my opinion. The customer isn't always right. We agree on that. You spoke the truth when you said I don't really care either way. That is too obvious. I wouldn't do business with someone with your mindset, ever. There are too many others, like Chris Reeve for example, who treat knifemaking as a business and not with the aw f#ck it attitude you have. There are too many good guys out there to do business with. Why would I give my business to an A$$HOLE!

OK, I just have to say something. I ordered a knife direct from Strider back last Feb. and got in line like everyone else. It got a little past the delivery date and I emailed Steve several times about it and found out they had some equipment problems. After Sep. 11th, my Air Guard unit got activated and I emailed again to check on my knife. When I told Steve I got activated, I got a personal email from Mick and got my knife really quick. He even offered to send me one of his personal knives until mine was finished. I guess what I'm getting at is that I would have to believe that anyone saying they are military and did not get get good customer service from Strider is probably full of it. The bottom line is, there are plenty of good knife makers out there. if you don't like Strider knives then just buy something else. Don't try to stir up crap because you got your feelings hurt. There are probably 20 to 30 military or LE guys here that swear by Strider knives. What more do you want to know?

Lewis,
Thank you for serving our country! I sincerely mean that. But I wonder if a non military customer would have been given the time of day. Somehow, I doubt it. That is Strider's prerogative, and they can run their little hobby shop as they please.

Best regards,
JW

Gentleman, please.

First, Buttmaster or whatever you call your self, quit your whiny, pathetic cry for attention. So Strider didn't call and check right away, boo hoo. We have between 3 and 10 dealers on Bladeforums selling Strider matter separators, and if you had pulled your head out of your butt and done some research, you would have learned that dealers are a better way to go because if Mick or Duanne is on the phone with you and you're trying to get them to kiss your butt, they can't be grinding knives or being with their families. Fancy that, maybe that couldn't get to you right away, oh well. Try ordering from Steve Ryan or Mike Snody and see how far you get.

Second, Ketsugo, weren't you the guy whinning about fit and finish with the AR compared with the Sebenza? If you don't like Striders, don't post here, don't whine about the company, don't order any knives, see if we care. Thats more Striders for us.

Mick, thanks for showing us again that you don't compromise, whether its blades or character.

Reed,
I never wined. But I did point out the finish shortcomings of the AR in the fit and finish department. Want to know how I came across this thread? OK I'll tell you anyway. I received the following e-mail from a friend (who will remain nameless).

Hi John,

Once again, I was about to order a Strider when Mick just had to post this on his forum (in the "testing a Strider" thread)...

Hey gosh...Im really sorry we didn't make you feel more special.
No one held your hand or gave you a big hug or anything.
And here you are about to go away.
Don't forget your tampons. Etc.

Mick just lost another customer he admittedly doesn't care about.

Ketsugo, I'll tell you straight...

I'm not military, and never have been. Each and every communication I have had with the Strider guys has been pleasant and informative. As a matter of fact I probably pester them more about my order than they appreciate.
:D Sorry guys, I'm just looking forward to it!

But they definitely make a sincere effort to get to everyone who corresponds with them. For you to say that "they can run their little hobby shop as they please," says more about <i>you</i> than it does them.

If a guy is going to serve his country on short notice then I'd expect any decent American to put a priority on that order!

Strider is going to make more and I can use my S-2001 till they get back around to me. Quit trying to divide great Americans who come from LE, Mil and civilians. These are unique times and your divisive attitude is a cancer on this board. FOAD!

:eek: :mad: :mad:

Ok, sorry about that accusation. By the way, it is whine as in the sound a fan makes, not wine the stuff you drink.

I am not military either, and everytime I talk with Duanne, or get to chat online with one of them, they have always treated me like a good buddy. Its not what you ask, its how you ask. I am not saying kiss their butts, but at least take into account that these guys are knifemakers, not salesmen. And your friend was asking for it.

Whether you order a Strider or not is your choice.

Kampfjaeger,

Any business person who says they really don't care one way or another[/i] and could easily go back to their old job. Sounds like a quitter who doesn't really have his heart or mind into the business. Sounds more like a passing hobby to me.

Reed,

FYI, My friend didn't post in this thread at all.

hondo,

I agree with you. I wasn't talking about prioritizing, I was talking about being given the time of day. Big difference. I give a military discounts to my students and work after hours with them for free, often. I figure I'm making an investment in my Country by doing so.

Best regards,
JW

Whatever. I think that Mick's reply is well warranted. Bushmaster was stirring the pot. It's admirable to me that Strider is able to do what they want and not have to prove themselves or behave within any PR guidelines. Bushamster looses and doesn't get a Strider. Why? Because he behaved like an ass. It's pretty sad that this "customer is always right" crap has become such an accepted part of capitalism that customers can be an pr!ck and the seller/maker/service guy has to just take it on the chin. It just ain't right. I have had a good amount of jobs in my time, but glory to those days when I could just smile and kick any rude POS out of my shop. It's a great thing to not have to deal with pricks- the real beauty of working for yourself.

BTW, yeah it's true that Strider's customer service is lacking. And I guess it's a shame that you can't just call up and talk to someone, give them your credit card and have your knife in 3 days. I've had my moments of frustration with them too. Thankfully Mick or Duane didn't kick my whiney ass or... worse yet, ban me from ever owning a Strider.

:)

I am not in the military, And had no idea Srider knives even existed two week ago. I have had contact with Mick twice since then through the forum here, and he has answered my questions on both occasions. In those two weeks, I have acquired the two Striders that I really wanted, a GB and a MT.
Yes, I DID call and leave a message as well asking to be called back about ordering a kydex sheath for my GB but did not get a response. The difference is, I am not worried about it. I will call and get a hold of them soon I am sure. ( I'd rather have them at their craft than talking to me on the phone anyway:) )
I worked for a few years for a master brewer, one of the best in the idustry, and he did not give a rat's ass what anyone thought about his beer. I equate this to Mick's attitude about his knives. He and Duane are not PR guys, they are craftsmen.
Twice I have e-mailed them, and Steve got back to me right away. I will DEFINITELY do more business with them in the future, and respect Mick's no holds barred attitude. I don't want someone to rosy everything up for me for the sake of a sale, I will continue to buy based on the quality of the product alone, but in addition, Mick gave me his personal attention when I asked a question about two of his lowest priced knives.

-Dave

So, Mick or Duane, either of you gonna be at the NY show this weekend?

whine whine whine
hey, I'm just trying to blend in :D

Buttmaster100,

Put some Vagisil on it, you will feel better tomorrow.

Mick, I agree with you 100%.

What's kind of funny, is after doing a little looking, our little bushy is over on the Busse Forum being welcomed happily. I couldn't help but notice that he writes this quaint little post here on 030202, asking for some info. Then on 030502 he is still talking like a potential customer who needs some testing questions answered, while he was gloating over his new Busse on the same date. Then we find out that he has been trying to get a Strider since January. This just confirms my point that if he had a set of balls and a spine, he would have made his gripe about the customer service issue and dealt with it instead of asking some lame ass question in order to stir the pot. I for one am happy as heck that this little dork is carrying something other than a Strider. I wouldn't want it left behind somewhere while this little coward is dumping his gear and running for mommy.

I have always been treated with respect in my dealings with the Strider Guys. I have also understood that they are currently at full throttle since Sept 11. Mick just did the only thing on the planet that scares me, he brought a Child into this world. So excuse me if I have no pity for a thread starter that belongs on Whine and Cheese. Why don't both of you hang there? I think that crowd would be more than ready to roast you two for starting this #$#@ ...

Dear Butt-taster:

Yesterday I called the Chairman of I.B.M. I wanted to ask him what his favorite keys on the Thinkpad keyboard are. He hasn't called me back and it's been almost twenty-four hours. That BASTARD! Doesn't he know that I'm ALWAYS RIGHT???!!! I'm NEVER going to buy anything by I.B.M. again. After I finish this posting, I'm going to take my Strider AD (which saved my life), and I'm going to chop up my Thinkpad with it and send it to the I.B.M. Chairman. THAT'll show him!!!!! Hah hah hah hah hah. NOW we know who's BOSS!!! Ignore Kshurika and be prepared to PAY THE PRICE!!! Ooooooooh, and then I'm gonna..........

For what it's worth, I'm not siding with BUSHMASTER100. I was simply voicing MY opinion as to the Strider philosophy, or lack there of, on Customer Relations. I would NEVER do business with anyone with such a cavalier attitude. If you all want to continue to do business with someone who treats SOME of his potential customers like sh!t that's your prerogative.

Back