Testing...testing...EDC

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
this thread is for real world use of CPK's EDC.

D3V EDC, putting the scraper to shame on ole Bilbo Waggons' roof.

Last edited:
Pretty sweet, looks like it did an excellent job there. Now I feel if there's a pre order I may have to grab one or two lol. So far I've been able to resist !!
Thanks for the video

Reminds me of Twitchy on Hoodwinked after he drank caffeine:D
Looks like it did what it is supposed too.
Cheers

Your quick at work, but I guess when you sound like that, the customers wouldn't take you seriously if you weren't...
:D

Nice to see some real work usage.
I will be in the market soon enough.

I have one on the way. Can't wait. I have a light chopper too but haven't been able to bring myself to chop with it. Haha.

That's some tough work using that blade, would have been good to see how that edge looked after the work it done.

Nice though,
G2

That's some tough work using that blade, would have been good to see how that edge looked after the work it done.

Nice though,
G2

I haven't done any maintenance since then, I'll try and get some photos or video or something

Any ideas if the D2 variant would hold up just as well to that task?

No, probably not. It has great edge retention in most cutting tasks, but the Delta 3V holds up longer scraping and prying.

Last edited:
Thanks Lorien, looks pretty good after all that!
G2

I just got one from the last batch, thanks to the generosity of another forumite. Fits my hand perfectly (I wear a medium glove as a fight fit). Would love to see the same handle on a 4" blade, perhaps with a clip point.

I got mine two weeks ago today, just using it for some pvc plumbing work, using it for deburring pipe and whatnot. I used it to cut a few zip ties last week so I lightly stropped it, even though it didn't need it that badly. So far the edge retention is great, and it has exceeded my expectations. Before I was using the Bradford Guardian 3 for work but the EDC fits my hand so much better that I sold the Bradford. I took some pics at work but they didn't turn out very well, no lights yet in the building and sparky can't work there yet due to large hole in roof. Plus it has been raining steadily here off and on for a month. But I will put some pics up after another month of work or so, at this point it looks like the day I got it, even after 10 hour days.

I picked up my EDC off the exchange a month ago or so. It's a great blade for various outdoor tasks ranging from food prep to firewood prep. My profession doesn't require a hard use fixed blade, so my experience has been more for outdoor hiking, backpacking, and camping. The edge retention with the D3V is amazing and quite easy to sharpen in the field. Lately, I've been combining the CPK EDC with my SK! 4.1 in D3V. I haven't had the chance to take my FK's out in the wilderness yet because I have too many knives and too little time to head to the woods to test them all. My EDC has become my favorite in the size and blade length. The only issue I've had is with the horizontal sheath and when seated in a camp chair it digs into my waist, so I have to move it to a 9'oclock position. Granted that could just be that I need to lose the roll on my belly.

this stuff is ridiculously easy to get a keen edge on, and it holds it for so long!

When will NASK be named something else but NASK?

I think Nate and Jo will be conducting market research at Blade which will lead to the long anticipated naming of this kickass blade

Back