Testing...testing...EDC

That D3V blade is pretty damn impressive! How long did it take you to get it back to a solid edge?

Last edited:
That D3V blade is pretty damn impressive! How long did it take you to get it back to a solid edge?

not long at all

Great vids, thank you Lorien.

I just started using my EDC 3V and am blown away. I've cut 1/2" branches, hose, pvc pipes, fruits, vegetables, meat, boxes and a lot else that I can't remember. It's still as sharp as they day I got it. Has not even needed a strop.

My D2 user has seen some use.. similar to the first part of Nathan's 3V video. I've shaved wood, knocked off branches, gut some small game, cut wire, tape, zip ties, boxes, a serpentine belt.. I've done everything a fairly normal "man task" user would get.. the stonewash is pretty scraped up and the apex is not as shiny as it was, but that little bugger cuts like there's no tomorrow. I'll sharpen it soon for the sake of polishing the edge, but it doesn't need it in a functional sense. Im really impressed. I've owned many D2 knives, but this one has a certain stability at the edge that inspires confidence. Those bigger carbides really seem to hang in there.

It's fantastic on flesh. Can't emphasize that enough.

Mike, your post certainly changed my mind about selling the D2 I had offered up on the CPK flea market thread earlier on today. Thank you for the resounding vote of confidence and I hope to make you a proud owner of another Lil Bugger in 4V :thumbsup:

I picked up my EDC off the exchange a month ago or so. It's a great blade for various outdoor tasks ranging from food prep to firewood prep. My profession doesn't require a hard use fixed blade, so my experience has been more for outdoor hiking, backpacking, and camping. The edge retention with the D3V is amazing and quite easy to sharpen in the field. Lately, I've been combining the CPK EDC with my SK! 4.1 in D3V. I haven't had the chance to take my FK's out in the wilderness yet because I have too many knives and too little time to head to the woods to test them all. My EDC has become my favorite in the size and blade length. The only issue I've had is with the horizontal sheath and when seated in a camp chair it digs into my waist, so I have to move it to a 9'oclock position. Granted that could just be that I need to lose the roll on my belly.

Hi,
Sounds like you have more than one FK.
Please do let me know if you're ever willing to part with one of them so that someone who has none can try it out :)
Looks like it ticks all the boxes for the perfect all round utility/outdoor knife.
Would love to get my hands on one of those!
Thanks and cheers!

Hi,
Sounds like you have more than one FK.
Please do let me know if you're ever willing to part with one of them so that someone who has none can try it out :)
Looks like it ticks all the boxes for the perfect all round utility/outdoor knife.
Would love to get my hands on one of those!
Thanks and cheers!
No problem, I have one in pre Delta and a D3V. I'll let you know if I decide to sell my Pre-Delta. I'm playing with it for now, but will probably sell it after the summer.

bttt for those anticipating their EDC2

FmrF3ws.jpg

tnmzPFx.jpg

still haven't done anything to the edge since splitting that 20' of fire hose, and whatever else came before and after. Probably about time for a touch up, as it won't shave hairs anymore and that's super important for my ego

OUkXGOL.jpg

Back