Testing...testing...HDFK (aka N.A.S.K.)

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
More content to follow;

There is much yet to be said about this knife, but for now, let's let the pictures do the talking. Keep in mind that this is one of a few prototypes and that the grind is of the 'racing variety', and that the finished product will exhibit the fit and finish you've come to expect from CPK.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the videos as of late.

I'm looking forward to the NASK so much. This is going to be a sweet knife

iwils.jpg

More content to follow;

There is much yet to be said about this knife, but for now, let's let the pictures do the talking. Keep in mind that this is one of a few prototypes and that the grind is of the 'racing variety', and that the finished product will exhibit the fit and finish you've come to expect from CPK.

Thanks for all the media!

Seems from the looks, anyways. that the NASK has DNA tracing back to the LC, which is always a GOOD thing IMHO.

However, the choil appears to be a bit more roomy than the LC's...or is this an optical illusion due to it's scaled down size?

It would be awesome to see the first batch of these released into the wild by mid Sept. After Nathan's customary detailed explanation of the progression in manufacturing, I've torn out the month of August from my calendar (didn't like the photo anyway) and circled the days ensuing Sept 15th instead :)

Thanks. :thumbsup:

So forgive me if I am behind the curve a little bit. I know you said the final version will look slightly different. In the final version, will there be anything at the back of the handle like with the FK or will the handle sit flush with the scales? Also, will it have a squared spine or one with "soft" corners?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

So forgive me if I am behind the curve a little bit. I know you said the final version will look slightly different. In the final version, will there be anything at the back of the handle like with the FK or will the handle sit flush with the scales? Also, will it have a squared spine or one with "soft" corners?

From Nathan on another thread regarding prior questions on 90 degree spine:

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survival-knife.1474858/page-20#post-17107268

"If somebody wants to grind a flat on their spine it won't hurt my feelings, but the knives leaving my shop will cut with their edge and nowhere else. Every other surface is chamfered and smoothed. I know that isn't popular with some folks who want to be able to throw sparks from the spine but I feel a knife, as a cutting tool, should be hand friendly on all surfaces except the cutting edge. I see a knife with a burr or unbroken edge that isn't a cutting edge as unfinished and potentially dangerous. People who want a particular kind of spine detail that is sharp will need to grind that themselves, that's not a detail I want to put on my knives. Sorry."

I also think that Nathan had made some comments about the handle / tang / pummel but I can not find a definitive one. However, IIRC, the pummel will more than likely be more similar to the LC / EDC patterns, unlike the FK pattern.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the media!

Seems from the looks, anyways. that the NASK has DNA tracing back to the LC, which is always a GOOD thing IMHO.

However, the choil appears to be a bit more roomy than the LC's...or is this an optical illusion due to it's scaled down size?

the choil on the LC is not designed as a fingerhold, the one on the NASK is

Awesome video, bro. I love you, but turn your phone sideways. Feels like I'm looking at you through a keyhole, which is icky and uncomfortable. :confused:

Back