Testing...testing...HDFK (aka N.A.S.K.)

peeling apples and other such mini jobs is not so bad as you'd think with this beast. The finger choil does add a lot more versatility to this design, imo

NASK peels sticks even better. The wood you see here is from seasoned noble fir

Looking good!! Also what is the racing grind and how does it differ from the production model?

That wasn't the blade I originally intended to send to Lorien. There were blades made with different grind and edge geometries and that one was a little thinner than what we settled on after testing, but the "correct" blade was attached to a tang whose design was tweaked and incompatible with the final (at the time) grip design. Since I was wanting his input on the handle more than the edge geometry I ended up sending him the knife he has. The production model is going to be a little more durable than his test knife.

That wasn't the blade I originally intended to send to Lorien. There were blades made with different grind and edge geometries and that one was a little thinner than what we settled on after testing, but the "correct" blade was attached to a tang whose design was tweaked and incompatible with the final (at the time) grip design. Since I was wanting his input on the handle more than the edge geometry I ended up sending him the knife he has. The production model is going to be a little more durable than his test knife.

Thanks for clearing that up. As I was watching the video and looking at the pictures all I could think was, man.. that thing doesn't look as durable as I was expecting. I'm glad the production model will hold up better.. ;):D

Your obsessive perfectionism makes me happy.

Thanks for the info and updates gents. This helps assuage my depression from failing to jump on the light chopper preorder. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and updates gents. This helps assuage my depression from failing to jump on the light chopper preorder. :thumbsup:
My depression grows daily.. I did not preorder the NASK. I am full to the brim with self loathing. My foolishness knows no bounds.

I'm in a glass case of emotion!!

I love the geometry, and I'm blown away by its ability to hold an edge and not lose any material through the worst abuses. You'll see :)

Damn man.. great posts! Thanks for the hard work and dedication! Alas, it only creates deeper, darker caves of self hatred. I shall not relent.. I will have the NASK, just the same as the EDC.

Thanks for posting these pics and videos Lorien!
I'm very much looking forward to receiving mine.

Please could you tell me what the blade height is? I can't recall if you or Nathan mentioned it before.

Lorien Lorien
Thanks for all these posts.
Can you elaborate on the thoughts behind the longer handle design? In one post it looks about 2" extra real estate off the back porch. What is the intent?
Thanks in advance...

TR

Lorien Lorien
Thanks for all these posts.
Can you elaborate on the thoughts behind the longer handle design? In one post it looks about 2" extra real estate off the back porch. What is the intent?
Thanks in advance...

TR
I wouldn't think to speak for Lorien, but are you referring to the shot where he is choked up using the finger chill? That is the only image with a lot of extra handle left over that I see.

I wouldn't think to speak for Lorien, but are you referring to the shot where he is choked up using the finger chill? That is the only image with a lot of extra handle left over that I see.

Ah! Now I see it! Thanks.

Nevertheless, I really would appreciate hearing Lorien's design philosophy and considerations on this one. I enjoy seeing it through the designer's eyes to understand their intent and vision.

Great videos Lorien! Thanks :thumbsup: Hey, maybe Nathan could have a Friday sale with some Racing NASKs for us thinner grind types! :)

Back