Testing...testing...HDFK (aka N.A.S.K.)

my camera stopped recording moments before I got through this log, which is disappointing since the final swing was rewarded by a dramatic conclusion. Oh well

the length of the knife + the diameter of the log = knuckle to wood interface

Not to take anything away from KnifeKits, but you guys should send a bandaid with each NASK! ;):) Some of us are going to need them for sure! :p

my camera stopped recording moments before I got through this log, which is disappointing since the final swing was rewarded by a dramatic conclusion. Oh well

the length of the knife + the diameter of the log = knuckle to wood interface

In the forth photo, Lorein seems like to be getting ready to play the knife game of Five Finger Fillet! On the following photo looks like he came out of playing it almost unscathed and it would actually make a great avatar photo!

clearing brush...

This stuff is called scotch broom and it's highly invasive. Introduced right here in this very spot, give or take a couple kilometers, by General Grant who started this blight on the pacific northwest coast with only a handful of seeds. It's very hardy, with woody stems usually up to 3", although I've seen bigger. Great test medium for any knife, it's hard to cut and it traps dust and dirt in it's greenery, )which is also very tough) making it abrasive as well. It works great as a broom, hence the name

at about 8 minutes in, you can hear me smoking the knife against a rock

Well, Lorien Lorien - these posts have convinced me I need a NASK. Thanks for the push...

Sold off a nice CRK so now the funds are available. Can't wait for a Friday sale!! C'mon - let's have a run of these :D

I have come to conclude I have the worlds worst patience when I have knife money burning a hole in my pocket. I put away the funds to get one of these, and I'm already considering what else I may get in the interim...

To stay motivated, I have taken one of the above photos as my desktop screensaver. You will have to decide which one I picked...

I have come to conclude I have the worlds worst patience when I have knife money burning a hole in my pocket. I put away the funds to get one of these, and I'm already considering what else I may get in the interim...

I have the same problem.. I actually get worse when I'm waiting for something to arrive.. My impulse control goes out the window once I open the flood gate..

Back