TGULB No Regrets

JACKMANDU

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Jerry really knocked it out of the park with this knife! I love the TGULB. Best knife of 2019 for sure! I bought the knife, and I’m glad I did. Fit and finish are top notch. The competition finish is beautiful. The weight, balance, and overall feel of the knife are excellent. All the rounded edges give a very nice feel to the TGULB. The only edge that isn’t perfectly rounded is the razor sharp cutting edge. Love the hollow grind! It’s no surprise to me that the only complaints I’ve heard about the TGULB are from a guy who didn’t buy one.
No regrets!

View attachment 1275521

Last edited:
This knife is so well designed and made, it is the ultimate evolution of this iconic pattern, truly a must have, and the pricing was very reasonable. In hand, the proud tang reminds me how proud I am of myself for having this knife. Really was a no brainer to order this one, not that it was a difficult process, but congrats to those who did.

Jerry really knocked it out of the park with this knife! I love the TGULB. Best knife of 2019 for sure! I bought the knife, and I’m glad I did. Fit and finish are top notch. The competition finish is beautiful. The weight, balance, and overall feel of the knife are excellent. All the rounded edges give a very nice feel to the TGULB. The only edge that isn’t perfectly rounded is the razor sharp cutting edge. Love the hollow grind! It’s no surprise to me that the only complaints I’ve heard about the TGULB are from a guy who didn’t buy one.
No regrets!
I agree wholeheartedly. Honestly, all three finishes have their charms too. I initially thought I'd only love the BIG DC on this blade... But the more I looked at my CF, the more it's growing on me... And that Forest Green blade mated to a set of tan micarta grips... It's put a spell on me!

I can't pick one I like more than the others!

And not only do they LOOK great, they all FEEL great in hand. The weightlessness, swiftness of the ThINFI, the ergonomics of the Gemini handle along with the perfectly rounded/melted proud tang.

The only thing I dislike about this knife is the way it made my wallet/bank account feel.

TGULB has forever joined the ranks of my personal favorite OP2W.X models.

The TGULB, Battle Saw, and KPB are unique tools that my sons will own after I've had my fun.

Taking a place right beside my Dad's Hamilton pocketwatch and Stanley planes as family treasures full of utility and spirit. Pure American Goodness! :thumbsup:

Someone say a STICK?

union-lumber-co.jpg

My first experience with Busse was years ago. I happened to be trolling the interweb for a super tough, apocalypse ready Blade for my preps. Don’t remember the exact time, but when I found my way to the sight, the legendary Gladius was for sale. I had no idea how Busse operated, and that it would only be available for a short while. All I knew was that it was way out of my budget at the time, and that it caused some serious lust. Something about the handle and double guard visually appealed to me. Satin/CF with either Black or Blue&Black G10 was what I wanted. I also remember seeing a video of some guy showing how tough the edge was by slicing an old 55gal drum with one. Years later, I come across Busse again. Been slowly building a respectable collection, though the Gladius still isn’t part of it. Maybe one day.... what is part of the collection is the Forsaken Gemini I scored in the last round of Grab Bags. Muddy Brown with Tan&Black G10. While a cool blade overall, it just didn’t do it for me. The handle is different from what I’m used to and slightly uncomfortable, the G10 has some sharp edges, and the double guard seems more visually pleasing than physically. Just my personal opinion/preference, and in no way a dig on the blade. Decided to list it for trade, and I might be relistingfor sale. At this point, I have already have two of the TGULB on order, and with my initial Gemini experience not being to my liking, I contemplate canceling my order for the sake of an unfortunate hog or two that might have missed out. I ultimately decided to keep my order, check out the differences, and sell/trade them if I find as unfavorable as the FG. I even started fishing around for trades with a few of you before they even shipped! I’m Glad I kept the order, because the TGULB feels very different in hand. I find it Much more comfortable, even though I assumed the proud tang would prove otherwise. I like it so much, it made me kind of appreciate the FG. Just not enough to keep it. As an added bonus, the double guard/logo/black G10 section is reminiscent of the Gladius. It definitely rubs that lust muscle in just the right way. Very “second kind of cool”. Glad I got one for using and one for viewing.

p9D7vIQ.jpg

Normally, I’m the kind of person that wants everything looking shiny and perfect, but I actually enjoy the factory installed scratch under the logo. Gives it a tougher look, like a big facial scar, and makes it more unique. The TGULB is definitely one of my favorites. Thanks to the Busse family and crew for all the work they’ve done over the years that lead to this knife.

iMEmGnX.jpg

Well said ScoMa ScoMa ^^^

The TGULB, although its bloodlines are totally traceable back to the TG family, is a seriously different handling animal.

As far as your Gladius quest, have you ever thought about an FMV14? They're readily available on the Exchange lately it seems.

I have, and perhaps one day. The quest is temporarily on hold due to a dip into funding, but I will definitely eventually have a Satin/Black G10 Gladius. As for now, the TGULB is hitting the spot like a champion. Even though they are my fifteenth and sixteenth knives from the BKC, it’s the first one that makes me feel like I have a BUSSE.

I couldn’t agree more! I love all versions on the TG family but this one is standing out right now for me with the thinner sliced blade and the proud tang edges. My only regret is not ordering more!

I have, and perhaps one day. The quest is temporarily on hold due to a dip into funding, but I will definitely eventually have a Satin/Black G10 Gladius. As for now, the TGULB is hitting the spot like a champion. Even though they are my fifteenth and sixteenth knives from the BKC, it’s the first one that makes me feel like I have a BUSSE.
I know the feeling you are describing. I felt it when I held a TGLB for the first time. I think only a ASHBM and the TGULB have given me that BUSSE effect since, I first felt it with the TGLB.

Also, the best feeling G10 handle, regardless of shape. I wish all their G10 handles were this smooth. Nuke ‘em all!!

I know the feeling you are describing. I felt it when I held a TGLB for the first time. I think only a ASHBM and the TGULB have given me that BUSSE effect since, I first felt it with the TGLB.

I’m sure the Gladius will bring back that BUSSE feel, whenever it happens. The FHFG INFI RMD gives me a different feeling, like the most practical and useful knife I have, though still too large for my daily carry. A good, possibly second best kind of feeling, but not quite the same.

I have actually thought of selling my TGLB, thats how much I like the Tgulb . And the Forsaken Gemini does have a little bit more reach to it, it certainly feels heavier in hand. I would like to see comparison pics of the TGULB to a Hog Gemini.

Does the TGULB feel THAT much lighter in hand?

I can only compare it to the Forsaken Team Gemini. The TGULB is noticeably lighter, but we’re not talking about pounds or kilos here. As to your question about how it feels, it definitely feels lighter in hand.

Back