tHANK YOU FOR THE SMOKE, MY FRIENDS.

i HAD A TUMOR IN MY BRAIN IDENTIFIED BY ct-SCAN ON 5-11. i'VE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL SINCE THEN (CAME HOME TODAY) i AM STILL ALIVE - BUT i AM MUCH UGLIER... (HORSESHOE SCAR ON MY HEAD - YOU KNOW)
i WAS very LUCKY O HAVE A BIG LOVING FAMILY AND TO LIVE IN PLANO TEXAS WHICH HAS ONE OF THE BEST HOSPITALS FOR ct/pt IMAGING and tumor resectioning IN THE WORLD.
i AM ALSO SO VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE FACT THAT i KNEW i DIDN'T HAVE TO ASK FOR SMOKE HERE. i KNEW IT WAS ALREADY COMING, PAINTED-ON TARGET.
Thank you Dr. Patel.

A brain tumor, eh? Wow, that's serious stuff. Sorry about the surgery, I hope the scar heals up good, and I hope you never get another brain tumor. You are right, though. You never have to ask for sympathy or condolences, empathy or hope, from anyone here. We give it out like candy, that's how we do. Peace.

Chicks dig scars. Glad everything is going as well as it is. Smoke from California.

You can tell the story about how you got it in a khukuri battle.

;)

Good wishes headed your way.

Whoa. One of those uncommon, potentially life-changing events. Stay strong and heal quickly.

That was no tumor-
- it was an alien implant! :eek:

(Hope it's not too soon for that kinda reply.) :eek:

Glad to hear good things from you, Danny! :thumbup:

I find myself angry all day because I cannot walk so well anymore or use a knife and fork. Apparently brain surgery messes up some of your firmware.
As to an alien implant - the technology used to save me came right out of SDI.

Danny, Glad you are doing well. I know what you mean about your firmware. I went from being left handed for 34 years to being a righty.

The brain has a great ability to rewire and relearn. Here's hoping it happens in your case.

Another phase of interest in the martial arts to explore. How do you handle situations when one or more of your abilities is taken from you? It happens to a boxer when a good punch rattles him. And it happens to us all to greater or lesser degrees as time ravages us.

There's a great scene from the autobiography of Gichin Funakoshi. A young sailor tries to rob the elderly Funakoshi. When the old man doesn't give up his money, the sailor grabs his umbrella and takes a swing at the old man with it. The slow and weak Funakoshi evades the swing as he enters in closely, grasps the sailor firmly by the testes, and holds him until the police arrive.

Funakoshi mentions that these were in hard times after the war, and how sorry he felt for the sailor.

Last edited:
I find myself angry all day because I cannot walk so well anymore or use a knife and fork. Apparently brain surgery messes up some of your firmware.

I remember when my uncle had a stroke and could barely speak. It came back.
Keep working at it and your brain will re-route functions the surgery displaced.

We're just glad you made it this far! :thumbup:

Blessings - smoke and song for you

I hope the healing keeps moving forward and I wish for you a complete recovery

Eric

Great to hear your alive and doing well. What were some symptoms that you had experienced that something was wrong?

Smoke up for a speedy recovery. As the others have said, the brain knows how to rewire itself. It's an incredible computer. Time and patience, friend.

Smoke and Prayer for good and gentle healing, danny.
Glad you are still with us, you are a lucky man.

BTW.... your arms and legs werent tired when you woke up, were they?

BrainSurgery.jpg

WOW. I wish you the best for your recovery. Rehabbing is tough, but it can produce almost miraculous results when you do it.

Glad to hear you're okay Danny. I'm sure you'll be fine and back to swinging khuks in no time!

Smoke and prayers from Reno

Back