Thank you RayseM!

mykel m

Gold Member
The generosity of fellow JK forum members never ceases to amaze and humble me.

This morning as I was about to head out shopping there came a knock on my door.
I spied the knocker through the peep hole and seeing it was the mail lady I opened the door and she handed me a package.
I figured it was a Mothers Day gift from my roommates son, but no..it was addressed to me.:confused:
Hmm, return address says Ray Mxxxxx.
WTH Ray??
So naturally I opened the mystery package and was blown away to see a brand new Silky Zubat 330 pruning saw within.:eek:
Ol Ray after reading of my tribulations in sawing the tree out of my way with the old Stanley saw a couple of week ago felt the Zubat would save some wear and tear on my old body.
All I can say is..Hell yeah it will!
Thank you Ray, you can bet I will be using the Zubat for years to come and my body will be happier for it too.:):cool:

wsnXK4m.jpg

Easy enough. I was suffering along with Myke as he was sharing his saga :(. That very week I was ordering a Zubat for me and it was such a super great deal that I thought of my comrade in the woods and how much we could both use a real wood slicer. These Silkys are amazing tools. Thing is, now Myke will always be finding a reason to work - cutting and limbing. The Silkys actually make it fun :cool:

Yours looks great in Camo Myke :thumbsup:. I wrap some nylon or neoprene tape around the handle for a better grip and to give it color.
I told the story of raking one of my Silkys (a Sugoi) into a winter brush pile burn. It too had a black handle (at first) after, it had no handle and was a twisted piece of blue metal :confused:. The neoprene tape is a bit more rubbery and forgiving as you wrap it on. These both self stick beautifully. Cool thing is they can later be removed leaving no trace behind but a nice new looking handle.

I think I prefer the nylon tape (my Zubat currently wearing bright blue). It requires more care to apply because it sticks to itself very tenaciously, very fast (unlike the neoprene which you can reposition). I used 2 - 16" long pieces - easier to keep the shorter lengths under control as I wrap it. Only need about a 1/4" to 3/8" overlap going on a diagonal. The 2nd piece adds a bit more cushion. Both kinds hold up remarkably well through wet and sweat and dirt. I can only find the neoprene on line but the box stores have nylon.

Anyway - don't mention it - oh I guess you already did :). Have fun and watch out for those little teeth - Silkys can make you bleed faster than a JK right off the grinder.

Now - go to work :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ray

That's awesome of you, RayseM! Silky does make badass saws, I have four of five of 'em! The Katanaboy is nearly as quick through logs as a chainsaw.

The Katanaboy is nearly as quick through logs as a chainsaw.

I have a Katanaboy too. Yes indeed that is an impressive saw - AND - it can be resharpened. :thumbsup: I really needed something a bit smaller though. Lugging KBoy around is sometimes more work than sawing a 7" log with it :). Definitely a two hand saw.

Which reminds me - the Zubat, as small as it is, cuts much faster and with less flex with 2 hands on the handle. Not always necessary but generally my preference with 4" or bigger.

Happy Saw day y'all.

Ray

Last edited:
Back