Thanks Mr. Brown!

Stump Buster

Gold Member
It's been a little over three years since Dave offered up an opportunity for Military/Public Safety personnel to win a sheath made to fit a Busse-kin blade (See thread here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/military-leo-fire-or-1st-responders-closed.1423426/page-4)

Well, my middle step-son finally made it back home from his last deployment overseas and is here for Christmas (in fact, we have ALL THREE of our boys here at home with their wives together for the first time in over 5 years). We all went to the range yesterday for a little "fun" trigger time and I surprised him with the sheath Mr. David Brown made for the Boss Street he had hoped to buy from me when he made it back home. I was going to give the knife to him anyway, but he just made "Chief", so it was an even better reason to present him with the knife and sheath.
UOwhxlp.jpg

A couple years ago, Mr. Brown and I had discussed an idea I had about using grenade pins/rings as a retention device with his patented Talon Hole "Hole" he adds to his Busse sheaths. Well, I was explaining the concept to the boys (men now really, but they'll always be our boys) and the youngest of them said, "Hey, I just saw a flash bang ring on the range over here... I'll go grab it." Well, we installed the ring and I already had the Tek-Lok already set up for diagonal cross-draw carry. With a little trimming of the pins, the system is going to work great. We are going to swap out the Tek-Lok for a Molle strap attachment before he heads home so he can add the knife to his carrier, but for now, this is how it's set-up.
dCYm3tQ.jpg

So, as promised Mr. Brown... Here are your pictures and I want to THANK YOU AGAIN for the generosity and support of Military/Public Safety members here in this great country of ours. You made a new Navy Chief VERY Happy!!!

God Bless You and Merry Christmas to You and Yours My Friend,

Mike

Awesome story and Great Christmas vibes!

That's a awesome gift from a great builder of sheaths here on the Busse forum. Congrats and Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

That is so cool on so many levels! And what a great looking rig!:cool::cool::cool:

Congrats to all!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing Stumpy! :)

David Brown is all aces!

Love the talon hole retention pin too! Dave's sheaths lend themselves to this mod perfectly. :thumbsup:

Just remind him not to pull the pin on a M67 when he's all he's looking to do is pry open an ammo crate with his AMS! :eek:;):p

Made my day Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad he made it home safe a whole.

My honor to help out in a small way to those that keep us free and safe.
thank you very much for the story and pictures.

now to source some grenade pins :)

Since we’re sending thanks to Mr Brown, I’d like to thank him for the sheath I won from one of his recent giveaways. Your generosity is greatly appreciated, Sir.

m5xhQFL.jpg

Back