Thanks to Jim Allen from Three Sisters Forge

I had to post this to thank Jim from TSF for making me my new Beast and all that went into getting it to me.

Jim saw a post I had made somewhere on here saying how much I liked my current Beast in s35vn steel, but that I really wanted one in m390. I got an email from him saying he may have a spare m390 blade somewhere and he would make me a knife with it if i wanted. I told him it really wasn't a good time for me financially but he insisted on putting it aside with my name on it. Long story short, I found a good home for my old Beast and sold another knife, and told Jim to go for it! He had the knife completed and shipped out to me in two days!

I received it today, and I don't have the words to describe how happy I am with it. I now how my favorite knife in my favorite steel. There are a few differences in this one. Jim wrote to me, "The M390 are just a bit thicker (.159). It was a spec they requested, never figured out why. Usually .1575, this give 3/16 (.1875) with 2 - .015 washers. The M390 are also a shiny on the flats." My old beast was darker with a spear point blade, but this one is much shinier with a clip point blade...much bigger belly on it. I believe Jim is using a new pivot and it is even more smooth than my original, which I didn't think was possible. Rock solid as always, with pretty early lock up. Finally, it feels even more ergonomic in hand because he must have sanded the edges slightly...they are not nearly as sharp as I'm used to.

Jim really went above and beyond for me. I was shocked that he went out of his way to contact me after seeing my post and was so willing to work with me to get this one in my hands. It was hard to let go of my original Beast...I would have loved to keep it and have two, but it was the only way I was going to be able to afford this one, and I reeeeeaally wanted one in m390. It turned out to be the best decision ever because this one came out perfect. And it definitely has sentimental value now, being that it was made just for me the way I wanted it. Talking to Jim through email...you feel like you're talking to an old friend, and you're buying a knife from a Person...not a Company. I cannot say enough positive things about his work and his service. If you have been thinking at all about getting your hands on a Beast...or a CCT...or possibly his new Gorgon that is coming out soon, I highly suggest you go for it!

Thank you all for reading yet another post on how awesome Jim and TSF are! I just had to share my latest experience. And most importantly, thank you to Jim Allen for making me my perfect dream edc Beast!

I will post pictures in the comments...but they Do NOT do this knife justice!

Back