Thanksgiving thoughts

Murphnuge

Yep, it's that time of year again. This year has brought forth a few major changes in my life, some good and some not so much, but all are appreciated. I've been very lucky in life. Maybe not in terms of fame and fortune, but enough for me. I'm known by the people I care to be known by, I have enough money to pay the bills and still have the scratch to belly up to a bar for when I get the itch. I'm thankful for the relationships and friendships I've been fortunate to be a part of and the ones I continue to be in. I have a great support network in my life between my friends and family. I come from a "broken" home, but both of sets of parents never let me feel that way. I hope that I can do the same for my daughter.

I'm eternally thankful to the good Lord for allowing me to be born an American. I'm proud of my service and chance to step up for our country. Not excluding our foreign friends of course, but this is my country and I'm a bit biased. We've got it pretty good here despite what Facebook memes and cable news would like you to think. I feel grateful for everyday above the dirt .

We love to have fun and bust each other's balls at the shop, but honestly I'm happy to be a part of T.M. Hunt Custom Knives wherever it takes us. It's been a great learning experience. A lot of new friends have been made along the way. I can't imagine never being a part of this gig, I don't want to imagine that. Todd has seen me on some of my best days and some of my worst. I truly appreciate his friendship and mentoring, not just in knife making but also in life. We had a pretty memorable alcohol fueled conversation in the shop when I was still coming to terms with fatherhood before my daughter was born. I think of the points made that night often.

Well folks, enjoy your family time today. Hopefully you stocked up ahead of time on alcohol. Be thankful for what you have and remember it could always be worse. Thanks for reading and following along .

Well said my friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Murph -- and best of luck in the upcoming year.

Thanks for posting this Murph. It means a lot brother. As far as being a part of T.M.Hunt knives, you know you will always have a home here. Truth is it wouldn't be what it is had you and I not crossed paths in life, and to your point, who knows where it will go. But know I really enjoy finding out with you by my side and I appreciate everything you do.

As we all take today in appreciation of all that we have, I challenge you to not just limit today to being appreciative. Its very easy in the world we live in and beat ourselves up over things we hadn't done or the things we don't have. I believe that clouds the vision and makes us overlook and take for granted all the things that are good in our lives. I, like Murph am thankful for my family and my friends, I'm thankful for the good Lord above and for blessing me with talent and ability and making me crazy enough to pursue it. The good book says, I can do all through him, and he's never let me down yet. I'm also thankful for all of the people I have met on this little adventure, and for all of you here on BF that has support me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and stay sharp! :thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, thanks for posting and sharing Murph!

-Will

...I feel grateful for everyday above the dirt.
We should all feel that way. I knew someone that left us this year due to serious illness. Your health is the NUMBER ONE most important thing. Everything else is small potatoes. And I mean everything. If you're in good health and still breathing you've got it made.

Fame and fortune? Shit, we're Americans like you said. We won the lottery the day we were born here.

We should all feel that way. I knew someone that left us this year due to serious illness. Your health is the NUMBER ONE most important thing. Everything else is small potatoes. And I mean everything. If you're in good health and still breathing you've got it made.

Fame and fortune? Shit, we're Americans like you said. We won the lottery the day we were born here.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for stopping by. Saying we "won the lottery" is a good way to phrase our good fortune.

Murph and Todd,

Very thankful to know both of you guys. I consider you both friends and see a lot of similarities between you guys friendship and Kevin and Me. You are great guys who also make awesome knives. I see great things happening in your futures and am excited to be a part of it as it happens!

Whitty

a4aa8a2b578e96a9351120ec60715d02.jpg

9393e4ae1d4b83a892bf104879896b17.jpg

Thanks for doing what you guys do.

I'm a little late to the game here, but I have so much to be grateful for and have been really fortunate. Occasionally I need to remind myself of that when I get grumpy about a minor problem.

The real friends I've met via BF are no exception. In fact, they are routinely included at the top of my list. I'm proud to call you a friend, Murph.

Back