That Endura

Who Likes the Endura?
The Endura was my first Spyderco. I loved that folder, Red with the integral pocket clip. Well, knives come and go.
I just got an Orange Delica 4 and I just realized that I need and Endura! NEED.
rolf

I have more Enduras (and Delicas) than any other knife models. And I personally love the VG-10 FFG models. The Endura FFG in particular is an amazing cutting machine. Those two knife models are easy to become almost addictive.

Jim

Thanks, Jim.
Which edge do you prefer? Do you have a Salt folder?

My first Endura had a molded clip.My second did not.Both were stolen...so I bought 5 new spydies....
Manix 2 XL, two police 3 g10's,an Endura 4 and a Paramilitary 2 in black G10.

To me the Police 3 G10 amplifies the qualities I love about the Endura while adding epic G10 goodness.

My Endura 4 is the sharpest knife I have...it is hair popping!

I like the Endura a lot...it was the gateway into the knife nirvana known as Spyderco for me!

Thanks! ^ How do you keep your knives sharp?
My Red was stolen when I was at the bar, back in the day. I had a few too many and someone pulled that knife from my pocket.
I have a P-Mil also. I love that folder.
"Gateway," is the right word!

I have carried an Endura since about 1990. I still carry one at work every day, different ones at home sometimes. I have at one time owned all variations from the original but I sold most of them off except my users. A great knife.

My favorite are the full flat ground, especially the ZDP-189.

Thanks!^
I am really liking the FFG, too. It's a perfect blade grind.
I like to EDC my P-Salt on rainy days. The Pacific Salt is similar to the Endura.
Do you guys prefer TU or TD? I prefer Tip Down.

Thanks! ^ How do you keep your knives sharp?
My Red was stolen when I was at the bar, back in the day. I had a few too many and someone pulled that knife from my pocket.
I have a P-Mil also. I love that folder.
"Gateway," is the right word!

Once I started having a decent selection of nice knives I decided to invest some money into sharpening equipment.I purchased a sharpmaker and a set of extra fine stones for it too.I made a strop out of a old belt as well.The belt strop is too inconsistent so I will get a decent bench strop soon.

To me the sharpmaker is ideal for weekly touch ups.It works very well!

Re the Para 2...it is the ONLY folder I have ever purchased that was perfect out of the box.Action, grind, edge....perfect.
Barrels of monkey's fun to play with too!Epic EDC knife!!!

Last edited:
I see that the Endura comes in VG-10 with the Wave feature and sabre grind,
but the FFg grind is FRN and ZDP. I'd like the ZDP with the wave. Is it available?

Endura was my first Spyderco but I found it too large to EDC.

I found the Delica and Native a better fit for me.

But I still have the Endura and plan to keep it.

Thanks, Guys.
Filoso!! Nice and you have a Red!!
The Delica is the perfect EDC size but once in awhile I like a bigger folder. The Endura is not too big tho.

Love the endura. My VG10 endura 4 is one of my favorite knives. I used it daily for over two years in kitchen shores and it only got better with diligent use. It is super smooth now. I also have a superblue one too. I swapped the powder gray scales for allen putman's blue anzo patern on it. the knife is sick! :)

Endura 4 = light weight, great design, great steel all at a great price!

I see that the Endura comes in VG-10 with the Wave feature and sabre grind,
but the FFg grind is FRN and ZDP. I'd like the ZDP with the wave. Is it available?

I don't think so? I've never heard of nor seen one, and I'm a sucker for the wave.

The Endura was my first Spyderco as well and I still love that knife. I have the orange version.

Ben- Do you have your first?
btw, I was just told by a friend that he's going to send me a Black PS Endura. Wow! Thanks, Skip!
rolf

Endura was my second Spydie after the Delica. I've bought and sold many knives since then but the Endura (ZDP-189) remains part of my EDC stable. Perfect no-frills knife. I can't wait for the HAP40 sprints!!!!

Thanks, Jim.
Which edge do you prefer? Do you have a Salt folder?

Greetings, Lycosa.

On the VG-10 FFG Enduras and Delicas, I only want PE. On the flat saber-ground versions, I prefer SE.

Yes, I do own several Salts:
Pacific
Salt 1
Tasman
Dragonfly 2
Spyderhawk(?)

I have multiples of all except for the Dragonfly 2 and Spyderhawk Salt. With H1 steel, I much prefer SE. My favorite and most-used of my Salt folders are the SE Pacific and SE Tasman.

Jim

Hi Jim- Thanks!
Do you like the 'Lil Temp folder?
We are alike is the fact that I like serrated on some of my knives and PE on others. Back in the day, i would not have owned a serrated blade but I have learned to really like them.
Thanks, Shaggy. Are you a steel snob? jk. :D

Back