The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

I just picked up a Kizer sheepdog xl and I'm already making some changes. This is my second attempt at modding knives.
I have the basic shape of the handle and blade done. Before I start on the finishing work any critiques? Also should I do a thumb hole, blood groove or stud? I'm leaning towards the thumbhole as of now.
(Sorry about the low quality pic)

I just picked up a Kizer sheepdog xl and I'm already making some changes. This is my second attempt at modding knives.
I have the basic shape of the handle and blade done. Before I start on the finishing work any critiques? Also should I do a thumb hole, blood groove or stud? I'm leaning towards the thumbhole as of now.
(Sorry about the low quality pic)

Thumb hole for sure

20210304_204413~2.jpg 20210305_012233.jpg The chippy ceracoat was a bummer but the engraving that barely scratched the steel has been pissing me off for way too long...damn it's tight though in some spots, ground my tiniest chisel yet and decided to take a crack at it.

Dave,

There is a guy under the name Hilltop Knives who does and has done this kind of work. He has a Youtube channel with the same name displaying his mods. Some really nice looking Yojumbo mods as well.

Dave,

There is a guy under the name Hilltop Knives who does and has done this kind of work. He has a Youtube channel with the same name displaying his mods. Some really nice looking Yojumbo mods as well.
Thanks, Ive seen photos of his knives but didn't know he had a youtube. He does really nice work. He as well as several other blade modders/choppers out there inspired me to make my own modifications.
This literally the 2nd knife I've ever worked on and I have a ton to learn. Feel free to critique if you have time.

Didn't care much for the original scales color...

Before:
ZDhDBMc.jpg

8tzzE5n.jpg

After:
w6xRY2b.jpg

YXNADEN.jpg

Back