The 1075 eBay bandit strikes again

This is not against anyone personally, but I believe this is a learning moment about speaking against anyone before all the facts are in. I don't believe JT or anyone else said anything about NJSB in malice, I want to be crystal clear about that. I think that both AKS and NJSB are fine folks who will supply the steel you need, it's a matter of preference. The only person to blame is that eBay seller with the trash steel. That's unacceptable.

There's my $.02, for what little it's worth. Again, I do not want to step on anyone's toes.

I would see about editing the thread title for those who might not gave seen the updates. Maybe something like “don’t buy knife steel from eBay” :D

That's Crazy!!!o_O You should add a section to your website saying don't buy steel from unknown ebay scam artists....

I will say this, the reason I did not question the steels origin was because I have gotten 1075 that was from them that did not harden. Now that being said a high temp (1900°) normalization was not attempted because the customer was done and just wanted to scrap it. He is now having me supply the steel and cut the blades.

but on the flip side this will have been the 3rd or 4th time I have received bad steel that was bought on eBay. So STAY away from eBay when buying steel.

Back