The 13OT Trailblazer & 14OT Timberline together Photos.

G'day, there has just been discussion concerning both these knives so I thought I would put both together MIB examples......the sheaths are the same size however different pattern stiching and size stiching and back belt loop slightly different shape.... apart from the obvious color difference.
13OT Trailblazer manufactured 1978 - 1980.
14OT Timberline manufactured 1978-1981
Clemente states High Carbon steel blades to both....
These were the Old Timer versions in the original boxes...later Schrade produced timber handle versions SFU...I have and also Cal has shown previously.
I have previously shown the 144UH Guide's Choice Dixie Collection version <in the LB8 variances thread I started> which is the Uncle Henry version of the 14OT and was manufactured 1979-1982..<a year later than both these Old Timers>. Identical to the 14OT except it had the Staglon handles and a more pronounced swedge curve..........
All three models were dropped from the 1983 Schrade line-up..I dont know why they are well designed sturdy knives..perhaps they had to compete with too many other excellent design Schrade fixed blades....
Hoo Roo

Attachments

• P2150001.jpg
    P2150001.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 70
  • P2150002.jpg
    P2150002.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 54
  • P2150005.jpg
    P2150005.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 57
  • P2150003.jpg
    P2150003.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 64
  • P2150004.jpg
    P2150004.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Very interesting! Thanks for posting these just when I'm knee-deep in researching them myself.

While I have no doubt that yours are absolutely correct it is interesting to note the differences in the sheath and packaging that are evident when you compare your 14OT with the one coming to me (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754712)

After grilling the seller I am convinced mine is correct as well. Note the hinged gift-box, different plastic form and most obviously the brown sheath. All these differ from your example(s).

My guess? Schrade loved the black sheaths (as do I) in the early to mid-80s. I'm thinking your 14OT is near the 1981 cut-off for this pattern and mine is closer to the 1978 end of things and perhaps mine is in a special presentation gift-box. Note how the knife sits up as opposed to lying flat in it's tray. What do ya think Larry?

Last edited:
Easy peasy answer this time Dave and you wont have to think too much,I just switched the sheaths back to how they should have been displayed.
I have just looked at page 13 of 18 on lrv's Schrades R Us on Larry H Corner site and they are shown under Schrade Gift Boxes when I first opened them up and the sheaths are the other way round if you wish to check....
I quite often check my corner site when I want to know what box, sheath and paperwork goes with which because those photos were taken before I started opening them for the various thread photos to follow through the years...
Both Old Timer Boxes with the 13OT and 14OT on the ends are Schrade original markings..I dont put stickers on the boxes..so there is no doubt they are as they left the factory. Both boxes are the same,as with the blue moulded inserts so easy to put the sheaths the wrong way around...sorry..you can lift the seller back off the wrack and undo his thumb screws mate....your sheath color is correct and same as mine for the 14OT....
As an aside on that same page 13 of 18 photos there is a Cutlass handle Schrade Walden that came from the factory sale....only one I have ever seen and I would love to know its history as to whether Schrade were considering making that design and that was a proto..I must dig it out of my Schrade boxes and show it again..its totally unique in design and something akin to my Divers knives blades....
Hoo Roo

Dave, I've got other Old Timer Fixed blades that are in hinged boxes...will have to dig them out and work out the timeline...I'm sure yours will turn out to be genuine when you receive it....<otherwise that Seller should move immediately to Australia for his own safety>....LOL.....Hoo Roo

Larry thoes are great!!! I am lucky enough to own a 14ot in a brown box one of my only mint in the box knives I own. but that 13ot now thats sweet!! I will be honest I never even knew they existed, Very very nice knives, Just like all the others you post up Thanks for sharing buddy- and like you said these are STOUT knives --Joel

More Schrades to hopefully breathe oxygen to this formerly grand/interesting Forum...Hoo Roo

Some more photos of 'getting hard to find in original boxes' Schrade Fixed blades for interest...

Back