The 1a Set is Safe and Sound

I'll post something a lot more robust tomorrow when I get a chance. In the meantime, just wanted everyone to know that 1a is safe and sound and quickly making friends.

Until tomorrow...pics, because it happened!

THose grinds are really something special and the finish on the blades is phenomenal. Handles are right up my alley color-wise, personally.

It also reminds me of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when The Sheriff is inspecting his "SPPPAnnnissschhhhh Schteeeeelllllllluh" and he wants to Cut Robin Hood's heart out with a spoon....

But, why a spoon cousin? Because it's dhulluh' it wheeeill hhhuuurrt 'mhhoooore you TWIT!

Nathan,

What an insane set! Love the play by play, recap. I truly enjoy that butterflies- in- the- stomach feeling you get in anticipation of the Ganzaa email send.

Congrats again. They couldn't have gone to a more deserving HOG!

Do you have your collection displayed in your house? Those are such an investment and soooo beautiful that I would need to have them on display. I would definitely have a beautiful setup in some room of my house. They would look perfect in some sort of den next to cigars, antique rifles, and antique swords.

Ahhh what a lovely daydream. :)

Do you have your collection displayed in your house? Those are such an investment and soooo beautiful that I would need to have them on display. I would definitely have a beautiful setup in some room of my house. They would look perfect in some sort of den next to cigars, antique rifles, and antique swords.

Ahhh what a lovely daydream. :)

Not yet. I am definitely planning to build some kind of display for these. Probably going to have to be down in the basement in my reloading/doomsday prep room so the wife won't have to see them in the living room. :) Same place a deer head mount will have to go. :)

Not yet. I am definitely planning to build some kind of display for these. Probably going to have to be down in the basement in my reloading/doomsday prep room so the wife won't have to see them in the living room. :) Same place a deer head mount will have to go. :)
Just tell her tough luck and put them right in the living room. That sounds way better! :)

Just tell her tough luck and put them right in the living room. That sounds way better! :)
Haha, if I put them in the living room she'll see them and start asking questions, questions I'd rather not answer if you know what I mean.
"Is that a new gun? Are those new knives?" "Umm...my how pretty you are today. I also really like your intelligence and how great your personality is. Let's get a new puppy and watch P.S. I Love You after I make dinner." Crisis averted.

That's a heck of a sword collection.

Still need to get a CS AK. I had a blk/blk mic INFI AK a few years back but gave it to my brother for my nephew when he was born. Haven't replaced it yet. Probably end up getting one of those at some point. Didn't feel the need to with the Short Butaniku, but what's a Busse sword collection without an AK?

Haha, if I put them in the living room she'll see them and start asking questions, questions I'd rather not answer if you know what I mean.
"Is that a new gun? Are those new knives?" "Umm...my how pretty you are today. I also really like your intelligence and how great your personality is. Let's get a new puppy and watch P.S. I Love You after I make dinner." Crisis averted.
Haha touché!

I love that! If I'm a bettin' man she knows exactly how you are and lets it go because knowing your tastes, you didn't pick a dumb one. She knows, but details, those are just little things LOL! ~ Like I tell mine sometimes "you are going to have one hell of a yard sale one day so don't worry, you still get it all honey"

That set is a hollow grind masterpiece. I cant count the number of hours I could spend admiring those beauties from every angle, imagine taking both in hand and walking out into the sunlight and...whoa, I think I dozed off for a minute there :eek::D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If only I had those two with me for the coming hurricane. I could defend my castle against any number of marauders. I guess I'll just have to double-fist my BB-13s when I run out of ammo. :D:D:D

All joking aside. I think a custom sheath set needs to be made for those two. We have no shortage of artists on here to create something incredible!

Sweet baby Jesus. I had quite the collestion that I had to sell but it oaledvin comparison to all that lol. On the right and left are those gladius variants or some other beasts altogether

Sweet baby Jesus. I had quite the collestion that I had to sell but it oaledvin comparison to all that lol. On the right and left are those gladius variants or some other beasts altogether
Thanks! Took some time to put this collection together and I love them all. Some people invest in the stock market, I prefer precious metals...gold, silver, and INFI. :)

The blades on the far left and right as well as the third down are Force Mama V14s (FMV14). They are a little more agile than the Gladius but I've always thought the Gladius would be a better blade between the two to take into the Zombie Apocalypse until I scored the 1a FMV14. Still can't get over how perfect it feels in hand. Busse put out a "Nuclear" option of the normal offering of FMV14s where you bought a blind special handle run and I got lucky and scored a black paper (on the left) and a sandstorm which I sold to fund the tigerhide micarta pictured on the right.

Back