The 710, 805/806

I love the 710 as well. I carried a D2 version for a while and used it regularly. I have the D2, M390, and a pair of the ATS-34 versions uncoated and BK. I'd also like to pick up the M4 version one of these days, in case it disappears. There is a lot of cutting edge in the 710.
If you get a chance definitely pick up a TSEK or AFCK, if you like large folders then these will definitely be worthwhile.

805/806 are large yes, but light-- barely 5 ounces. It's the extra reach that makes these so useful for me.

So far I've seen 4 different 806's, the D2, 806-701 (S30V) 806-1101 (M390) 806-901 (M4). I regret missing out on these. I edc a Benchmade 710D2 and I have 2 clone 806's to fiddle with until I find a used or a new old stock 806 for a reasonable price. The 806 is a great design. Too bad they're gone.

Last edited:
805 in M4 would be outstanding.

The 805 was produced in M2, sadly only a serrated version.

ROkh0PT.jpg

WAwVPnx.jpg

The 805-1101 is probably my favorite Axis model. Followed by the 806-901 and the 710HS.
7jwY7cP.jpg

710D2
NWNDNQY.jpg

The TSEK has eluded me for years. But I own a 710HS, 800HS, 710M390, and one in ATS-34. I gave my D2 version to a friend a few years ago. Always room for more!

805 in M4 would be outstanding.

The 805 was produced in M2, sadly only a serrated version.

ROkh0PT.jpg

WAwVPnx.jpg

The 805-1101 is probably my favorite Axis model. Followed by the 806-901 and the 710HS.
7jwY7cP.jpg

710D2
NWNDNQY.jpg
Are those custom scales or come with that limited edition? I have never seen factory carbon scales with that many imperfections and pin holes.

Are those custom scales or come with that limited edition? I have never seen factory carbon scales with that many imperfections and pin holes.

Yes. Custom scales from DeathOfAllThings.

No imperfections..that's marbled CF..smooth as glass. The CF has a depth to it due to the nature of the marbling.

Ok thanks ,i hadn't seen that model before. I can clearly see its poor quality carbon with voids and pin holes, I know what marbled is. Didn't think the BM factory would let that out the door

The model is an 805HSSR.

And yes, I guess it's not that clear. It does look like voids and pin holes in the pics, I had expressed concern when seeing the pics before I received..pics are deceiving.

Wow this thread took a long haitus before being resumed without a beat. It was merely hibernating! :)

What happened to all these sexy must have Benchmades of yore? I just don't feel as compelled by their newer stuff.

Wow this thread took a long haitus before being resumed without a beat. It was merely hibernating! :)

What happened to all these sexy must have Benchmades of yore? I just don't feel as compelled by their newer stuff.
Some of the older stuff just cannot and hasn't been surpassed by the newest designs.

Some of the older stuff just cannot and hasn't been surpassed by the newest designs.
I agree with this. I have been collecting Benchmades for nearly 20 years and very few of the newer offerings get my attention. Only one this year was one of the new 319 Propers. And this one's up at the factory right now getting a better edge.

Out of all the Benchmades I've ever owned, my favorite without any doubt is the 710 M2. Great ergonomics, strong Axis lock, M2 coated steel, super sharp and strong, which I prefer over M4 and a knife and blade design, thin, long, sleek... which is not only classic, but also timeless. A knife that will be with me till the end.

Out of all the Benchmades I've ever owned, my favorite without any doubt is the 710 M2. Great ergonomics, strong Axis lock, M2 coated steel, super sharp and strong, which I prefer over M4 and a knife and blade design, thin, long, sleek... which is not only classic, but also timeless. A knife that will be with me till the end.

I agree. We have three of them in the family.

Back