THE ECAM Scales thread

Let this be THE thread for CPK wearing vintage/antique edge cut micarta scales. CPK have such a recognizable look, and any CPK wearing AECM even more so!

Considering we have a thread showing off the color variations in the signature on the blades, a dedicated thread for AECM scales seems self evident!

lQwNh2K.jpg

I am already regretting this. This thread is convincing me of what until now had only been a vague sense, but is becoming a genuine awareness that my life is incomplete without a CPK with AECM scales...

Seriously, you've never ordered any CPK with ECAM? Not rhetorical, just really surprised!

Seriously, you've never ordered any CPK with ECAM? Not rhetorical, just really surprised!

No. :oops:

As you know, my primary enjoyment of this knife hobby is that it supports my own little brand of crazy - my woodworking hobby. That has always been my chief aim. You know where I got my start, but soon migrated over here. CPK are such a great platform for me to work from, and it is even more so due to this community and even NtM's encouragement for me to do my thing.

I'm a lite slow on the uptake, apparently, since I didn't really "get it" when AECM scales were more readily available. I always bought my knives in basic black, knowing I'd do my own thing with them anyway.

No. :oops:

As you know, my primary enjoyment of this knife hobby is that it supports my own little brand of crazy - my woodworking hobby. That has always been my chief aim. You know where I got my start, but soon migrated over here. CPK are such a great platform for me to work from, and it is even more so due to this community and even NtM's encouragement for me to do my thing.

I'm a lite slow on the uptake, apparently, since I didn't really "get it" when AECM scales were more readily available. I always bought my knives in basic black, knowing I'd do my own thing with them anyway.

Yup, we started almost around the same time and ended up at the same place although I was lurking for a few weeks before I actually joined up BF.com to ask about that LionSteel which I had in mind but didn't know anything about the German steel Niolox or whatever that it was.

Ever thought about milling your hobby made scales or are you all about handmade? Nathan hits it out of the park with the way he does his ECAM, I hope that you try out some soon :)

Back