THE ECAM Scales thread

Anybody post up any Unbuffed AECM yet? I didn't see any, but I didn't read all the descriptions...if ya did, I'm not trying to steal your thunder. :oops:

...down the rabbit hole...
6ot8BbQ.jpg

Top: Unbuffed Burlap
Mid: Buffed AECM
Bottom: UNbuffed AECM
c9MUNQ1.jpg

If ya haven't tried any of Nate & Jo's unbuffed burlap, you deserve a taste...it's yummy, too :):
l8JoTpw.jpg

ClXCwsx.jpg

close up around center Ti Torx, unbuffed AECM:
W5SoFUJ.jpg

close up around center Allen fastener, buffed AECM:
4nsXK9A.jpg

Anybody post up any Unbuffed AECM yet? I didn't see any, but I didn't read all the descriptions...if ya did, I'm not trying to steal your thunder. :oops:

...down the rabbit hole...
6ot8BbQ.jpg

Top: Unbuffed Burlap
Mid: Buffed AECM
Bottom: UNbuffed AECM
c9MUNQ1.jpg

If ya haven't tried any of Nate & Jo's unbuffed burlap, you deserve a taste...it's yummy, too :):
l8JoTpw.jpg

ClXCwsx.jpg

close up around center Ti Torx, unbuffed AECM:
W5SoFUJ.jpg

close up around center Allen fastener, buffed AECM:
4nsXK9A.jpg

Buffed AECM all the way. It really brings out the colours and contrast!

I am already regretting this. This thread is convincing me of what until now had only been a vague sense, but is becoming a genuine awareness that my life is incomplete without a CPK with AECM scales...

Seriously, you've never ordered any CPK with ECAM? Not rhetorical, just really surprised!

No. :oops:

As you know, my primary enjoyment of this knife hobby is that it supports my own little brand of crazy - my woodworking hobby. That has always been my chief aim. You know where I got my start, but soon migrated over here. CPK are such a great platform for me to work from, and it is even more so due to this community and even NtM's encouragement for me to do my thing.

I'm a lite slow on the uptake, apparently, since I didn't really "get it" when AECM scales were more readily available. I always bought my knives in basic black, knowing I'd do my own thing with them anyway.

This is bullshit and I won’t stand for it. No way my boy Tony is gonna jones for some ECAM empty handed while I sit here with some sweet ass ironwood on a UF by his hand. PM me brother, ECAM is like Frank’s Red Hot, I put that shit on everything, so I have spare sets. Just need to know what model you want them for, if I have them, they are yours.

This is bullshit and I won’t stand for it. No way my boy Tony is gonna jones for some ECAM empty handed while I sit here with some sweet ass ironwood on a UF by his hand. PM me brother, ECAM is like Frank’s Red Hot, I put that shit on everything, so I have spare sets. Just need to know what model you want them for, if I have them, they are yours.
This belongs in the cpk peeps are fucking great thread.

I had to make a couple of minor corrections in your sentence :D

Seriously though, yup he does. Our other friend TommyGun also has some very fine ECAM CPKs. I may even have a few myself but that'd be like showing off which ain't my style; I'm just low key :p

Don't be like that... Ain't showing off, it's posting for the benefit of everyone! ;):D

Grenock Grenock sent you a message, you generous, generous man!

I'm new to Carothers but have been oogling them for about a year (finally bought a UF from a member here just recently). Can anyone make a functional comparison between an edge cut micarta handle and a standard micarta handle? Is the edge cut micarta any more grippy--specifically when wet? Or is it the pull mostly esthetic? Thanks in advance!

Michael

I'm new to Carothers but have been oogling them for about a year (finally bought a UF from a member here just recently). Can anyone make a functional comparison between an edge cut micarta handle and a standard micarta handle? Is the edge cut micarta any more grippy--specifically when wet? Or is it the pull mostly esthetic? Thanks in advance!

Michael
Mostly aesthetic!

Back