The Alan Davis custom knife picture thread

Another beauty Buddy. And, man oh man ... that is some great, gnarly looking Mammoth!!! Materials were well-chosen for this one.

Very cool thread. I was given a very early Alan Davis fixed blade by a friend of mine awhile back. Nice to see a thread dedicated to his work.

Super nice looking! Dang, now I'm starting to think I should have reconsidered!!!! ;)

Another new Davis to add to the gallery. This one is a front tab opening liner lock with stag scales, a 3 inch blade made from some of Del Ealy's ladder pattern Damascus, and carved/antiqued bolsters with rat tail. Alan also antiqued the hardware as well as the Roman knot back spacer.

eajoBzw.jpg

5CrR1Vh.jpg

9LsngrT.jpg

nE48ZvV.jpg

Another new Alan Davis arrived and couldn’t be happier. It’s similar to the stag liner lock I recently got from him, but has a slightly larger frame and dressed in copper and mammoth. The blade is just under 3 inches and made from some of Rob Thomas’ bold raindrop pattern Damascus.

my68IDX.jpg

BgOeygQ.jpg

PfD2HhM.jpg

KfsnoYo.jpg

I feel like a dog, 'cause that is some great bark!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One beautiful knife! I could come back to look at this one all day long!

This new one has already become my EDC for the time being. Really like it, despite it being just a little larger than I prefer, with a 3.375" blade. Lately, Alan has been forging his own Damascus. On this knife, he used a multi-bar, random pattern for the blade and bolsters. The scales are nicely dyed giraffe bone. And, of course, he did special file work, texturing, and double anodizing on the back spacer and liners.

8m4zJw3.jpg

vu7rk8b.jpg

hIXLyLl.jpg

Ol4AGR0.jpg

Alan Davis makes wonderful folders from what I see on this thread. Thanks everyone for sharing!

I am looking for my first Alan Davis folder. If anyone has any on the larger side (3.25" - 3.5"+) that they are open to possibly moving, please send me a message.

Was able to pick up another Davis from a great BF member ( @dispatch184 ) and am thrilled with it. It's a smaller slip joint with stunning Sambar stag covers and a 2.375" blade made from some of Del Ealy's T-Rex pattern Damascus. Del makes some very nice Damascus. Bought my first knife with his Damascus back in 2013.

ZYNsGWj.jpg

ce9ayr7.jpg

XN9BXJ7.jpg

Okay .... here's a real beauty (well, in my eyes!). This gent's liner lock has some absolutely stunning blue mammoth ivory scales. The bolsters and the 3 inch blade are made from some of Chad Nichols' "cheetah" pattern Damascus. To further jazz things up, Alan did some extensive file work and double anodizing on the liners and back spacer. Took me all of about 10 seconds to know I wanted to add this one to the collection!

gv578Bl.jpg

yD3L4U8.jpg

D6polGn.jpg

S0nteDj.jpg

zionRk4.jpg

b47Q5fm.jpg

Back