The all new KA-BAR Jarosz Turok

I'm excited to get my hands on these guys. Looks like done good ergos and nice geometry!! And we know I'll have to wrap some leather around them. :thumbup:

Nice looking blades! Nice work!

Thanks!

Alright, so Turok has his own "Turok" now and posted pictures of the original (right) the mid sized (left) and the new KA-BAR (center)

Not much change from the mid to the full size, but you can see the original was a pretty "out there" design. Turns out it was actually 6 years ago that I made the first one, which puts it very early in my knife making career. You can see things have developed quite a bit since then!

Will post more photos of other prototypes as I come across them.

1d874119a300d1203725d404d6b3f931.jpg

Just received mine today from Tomars (via Amazon, ordered Monday)...so outstanding, Jesse! Really.

Hopefully there are plans for a "mid" also. 😀

-Otter

Call me crazy, but I like the proto better. The belly and the guard area specifically.
I could live without the swedge altogether but I'm sure it helps with the balance and I'm really just nitpicking. I like this style. Reminds me a bit of a beefy BK5.

Jesse, do you know if there's any chance of handling these at Becker East?

Call me crazy, but I like the proto better. The belly and the guard area specifically.
I could live without the swedge altogether but I'm sure it helps with the balance and I'm really just nitpicking. I like this style. Reminds me a bit of a beefy BK5.

Jesse, do you know if there's any chance of handling these at Becker East?

I am hoping to make it out there myself, and I will surely bring one or two with me if I can.

What are the dates again? I need to start planning.

I talked with Ethan and the KA-BAR guys about it at SHOT but completely forgot until I saw your comment!

Got mine today and added stainless fittings
Pretty sure I got to see this on Facebook 👍👍
Thanks for sharing!
Just received mine today from Tomars (via Amazon, ordered Monday)...so outstanding, Jesse! Really.

Hopefully there are plans for a "mid" also. 😀

-Otter
Thank you so much!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I am hoping to make it out there myself, and I will surely bring one or two with me if I can.

What are the dates again? I need to start planning.

I talked with Ethan and the KA-BAR guys about it at SHOT but completely forgot until I saw your comment!

Haha, its soon!
April 15-17
Hope to see ya there! It's a real good time and looks like it may be a bit more folks than last spring...

Info and head count is here
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1366298-Spring-2016-Becker-East-Gathering

Hello Jesse!

Found the Proto I made for KA-BAR 👍

1193f4e80cb4dac0b9555490b5f6103d.jpg

Can You please tell blade length of this proto, because it looks longer than Turok is.

Turok is a very cool blade, but i would be really glad to see something uncoated like this proto to see production run,
even as limited edition from some high end stainless. Sort of BK77 was.
S35VN anyone?

Thank You.

Endel

Can't argue with that. I love Ka-Bars D2. If I ever get my hands on one of those 77s Ima beat the snot out of it!

Love this knife!!! But, why the Zytel scales? The similar scales on the Becker knives were the single biggest complaint about this line of knives. Even here in this thread people are already voicing a preference for different scales. I'm not going to spend money on slippery glass handles - they ruin even the most ergonomic handle design.

It's the same reason I'm not rushing to purchase the Schrade SCHF42D - awesome aesthetics and apparent utility ruined by the choice of glass scales.

Surely you can find a material that is both inexpensive and easy to work with that offers more traction and an advantage to the user than Polyphthalamide.

Back