The Anthem!

Finally got an anthem in after wanting one since they came out. I immediately loved it right out of the box. My biggest complaint before receiving one was the pocket clip not quite touching the scale, but it actually works fairly well.

Now for the question, the knife is a bit used, the very tip either worn down or snapped off somehow, barely noticeable, and the blade is a bit off center and has some side to side blade play. Are any of the problems fixable by Benchmade if I were to send it in? I really dont mind any of them too much, but I wouldn't mind getting it fixed either.

The tip is fixable by sharpening. I'd recommend sending it to a professional for sharpening, as BM has been known to cook edges and tips. As far as being off center, the integral handle doesn't lend much to adjustability of centering. You said there was blade play, so tightening up the pivot a bit might correct the centering issue...

The tip is fixable by sharpening. I'd recommend sending it to a professional for sharpening, as BM has been known to cook edges and tips. As far as being off center, the integral handle doesn't lend much to adjustability of centering. You said there was blade play, so tightening up the pivot a bit might correct the centering issue...
Professional sharpening is a good idea. Tightening the pivot fixes the blade play but I might just be screwed on the centering.

I’ve found that sometimes swapping the washers to the other side will straighten up the blade

Back