The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

dHgBOwI.jpg

If you hadn't gotten that one, I was going to. Congrats!
Yeah I was looking the night before and hesitated. Definitely glad I did!
have you seen it in person yet? I have one and it looks so much better in person. Congrats
I have not. I was very excited for this one when announced but had to cancel my order. RrallR interested to see it in person now.

My tastes seem to change by the week ;). I didn't think I was in the market for a Mammoth and also thought I did not like the milky white variety. Originally wanted the Mammoth Bark that was more creamy ivory looking (it does have a lot more character and grain variations). But then I thought since I might get continual flack from tree huggers accusing me of being responsible for the poaching of ivory . . . I could pass white off as its a "plastic replica" of a Buck knife:D.

I agree with the ban on any incoming ivory. And probably smart for CRK for their decision to not use Mammoth anymore for better public relations. And I also thought I preferred Raindrop, but this DT laddered Damascus will be a nice addition to my collection.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 7.03.04 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! I was wondering a bit about the date at the birthcard, October 2017, as CRK has announced in 2014, that they do not accept any new orders on mammoth inlays, due to the complicated regulations. Well. "Not taking any new orders" isn't the same as "not making them anymore". Considering that they constantly do have backlog in production. I was expecting to see mammoth CRK with birthdates after 2014. But I did not expect that it took them that long to finish all pending orders. Most likely one of the last mammoth CRK made.

Congratulations! I was wondering a bit about the date at the birthcard, October 2017, as CRK has announced in 2014, that they do not accept any new orders on mammoth inlays, due to the complicated regulations. Well. "Not taking any new orders" isn't the same as "not making them anymore". Considering that they constantly do have backlog in production. I was expecting to see mammoth CRK with birthdates after 2014. But I did not expect that it took them that long to finish all pending orders. Most likely one of the last mammoth CRK made.

"Thanks for that heads up, James". I'll check with the seller. I just figured as you say they had a lot of backorders being they were discontinuing these inlays forever. When the seller posted this it was a few months ago. He pulled the ad and was using it as an EDC. I took a shot and asked him if he was interested in selling it? I was going to send it into CRK when I get it next week, just to have them check it out especially for authenticity.

In the meantime, your comment now has me sending an email to CRK c/s and see if they had continued production and this DOB card is authentic.

I wouldn't be too much concerned. Mammoth has been their top of the line and most expensive inlay material. Orders from dealers as well as direct orders from customers did have a long lead time, particularly with dammy blades.

Back