The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

I didn't have to anticipate for long. DLT Trading gets them down the road in a hurry! Only complaint is the blade is dull right out of the box, an even worse edge than my Umnumzaan came with. I've lost the patience for sharpening knives myself so this will have to be sent out for sharpening before I can carry it. Other than that, it's so smooth and elegant feeling compared to the Startac. I would agree with others here who say the inlays look like polished stone and the blade opens and closes so easy. I'm right happy with it.

full

full

Just ordered my first sebenza. Already have a large inkosi, and had been looking for a small 21 box elder, but just wasn’t really in love with any of the examples I was seeing online, then I accidentally stumbled on this striped Platan that I hadn’t even considered before since I hadn’t seen one with the almost ‘feathered’ stripes like this one has. Is on the way now :)
19C1EAB2-00E6-4330-A819-7815C4BC0048.jpeg

e63Rt7i.jpg

This pair just arrived! I wanted to get a set of what I think is the best version of the Sebenza, the Large Starbenza. One is mine and the other is going in the safe to give my son when he is older. I thought it would be a pretty cool thing for us to both have the same knife with the same birthday. The timing is perfect too because today is his 2nd birthday!

I’m super excited to have this one on the way!! Trying to expand my Mnandi collection, and I couldn’t resist the allure of Bog Oak. Also, the folks at KSF were quite helpful answering the questions I had and getting it out quickly. :)

I’m super excited to have this one on the way!! Trying to expand my Mnandi collection, and I couldn’t resist the allure of Bog Oak. Also, the folks at KSF were quite helpful answering the questions I had and getting it out quickly. :)

Wow! Nice one!

Wow! Nice one!
Thank you, Lone_Wolfe! I fell in love with the Mnandi after picking up a Koa version at Blade 2018. Your History thread and collection pictures have been a valuable (and drool worthy) resource.
Bog Oak is usually quite dark, so I’m not sure if the one I chose will be as light as it appears in the picture. Regardless, I always feel like old wood harvested from a peat bog must have some medieval history behind it. :D

Very nice wood on her.

I woke up at 1am this morning, couldn't sleep so I got my tablet out and started looking at knives. Ended up buying this:

full

I have a Startac 'Zaan so this will be my 2nd CRK but my first Sebenza. Can't wait for it to get here.

Which inlays are these?

Spalted Beech One thing I learned about these polished handle flats and blades: They are fingerprint magnets. It’s going to drive me nuts carrying it. :confused:
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who experienced that! I carried my blue CF inlay Blade West show special LE Sebenza for a while and found the same thing. The polished scales picked up fingerprints and dirt/grime like there was no tomorrow. I put more effort into trying to keep that one clean than I ever did with any other knife. It was a losing battle, so I gave up. I went back to carrying my StarBenza because it just laughs at fingerprints, dirt/grime, etc. That experience settled the fact that my spalted beech Sebenza will get to my heirs in unused, uncarried, new condition. The kids can grunge it up after I’m gone.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who experienced that! I carried my blue CF inlay Blade West show special LE Sebenza for a while and found the same thing. The polished scales picked up fingerprints and dirt/grime like there was no tomorrow. I put more effort into trying to keep that one clean than I ever did with any other knife. It was a losing battle, so I gave up. I went back to carrying my StarBenza because it just laughs at fingerprints, dirt/grime, etc. That experience settled the fact that my spalted beech Sebenza will get to my heirs in unused, uncarried, new condition. The kids can grunge it up after I’m gone.

After carrying it for a week, I’ve gotten over it for the most part so mine will stay in the carry rotatation. The inlays and UGs are my favorites so I’ll have to deal with it.

Back