The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

IMG_8097.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on my first CRK, a small 21 so im pretty excited! Definitely the most ive spent on a knife to date but i think i scored a pretty good deal off the exchange at 125 less than a new one. Suppossed to be in excellent condition with Macassar ebony inlays with polished blade and scales and includes all the original swag minus the lanyard and lanyard pin. Not sure how the pin is held in and if I should try and obtain one from CRK or not as I don't plan on running a lanyard but I do like the pop of gold color that matches the thumb stud. Is this 21 going to ruin all my other knives for me? Will I never be able to look at one of my Benchmades or Spydercos the same again lol? Anyway should be here next week sometime!

^^^Congratulations Edgeoflife Edgeoflife . At first my CRKs didn’t ruin me on all my other knives. At first I was reluctant to use them. Once I started carrying, hard using and working with them they became the only knife i carry and purchase. Being able to buy left handed models made a big difference for me as well. Not gonna say they’re the best knives in the world for everyone but they are for me. Now I have no reluctancy to take and use a CRK for almost any task. They can take a beating. I do prefer large but I do own one small and one Mnandi. If the bug hits you you’ll end up owning a variety as well. Congrats again

View attachment 1196129 Finally pulled the trigger on my first CRK, a small 21 so im pretty excited! Definitely the most ive spent on a knife to date but i think i scored a pretty good deal off the exchange at 125 less than a new one. Suppossed to be in excellent condition with Macassar ebony inlays with polished blade and scales and includes all the original swag minus the lanyard and lanyard pin. Not sure how the pin is held in and if I should try and obtain one from CRK or not as I don't plan on running a lanyard but I do like the pop of gold color that matches the thumb stud. Is this 21 going to ruin all my other knives for me? Will I never be able to look at one of my Benchmades or Spydercos the same again lol? Anyway should be here next week sometime!

Congratulations on your first CRK !!!!!!! Nice score:)
You absolutely got a good deal on it and the grain of the wood is outstanding. You can purchase a lanyard pin only, at CRK's web page. The pin has a shoulder between the slabs that hold it in place. You won't have to worry about it falling out. Don't know how much it will rattle with the pin only. I've read where folks have left a nub of lanyard material to keep it from rattling.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your first CRK !!!!!!! Nice score:)
You absolutely got a good deal on it and the grain of the wood is outstanding. You can purchase a lanyard pin only at CRK's web page. The pin has a shoulder between the slabs that hold it in place. You won't have to worry about it falling out. Don't know how much it will rattle with the pin only. I've read where folks have left a nub of lanyard material to keep it from rattling.

Thank you that is the info i was hoping to find out if the pin would stay put w/o a lanyard. If it does rattle I could just put a dab of grease in there. did that on one of my cs recon ones rattly stop pin and that fixed it. The birth date is Jan 31, 2017 if that matters and thanks for the kind words. Im excited to get my first Sebenza!

EDIT: just ordered the shouldered gold lanyard pin and an extra microfiber cloth 13 bucks shipped from the CRK web store. Unbelievable! :D

Last edited:
@dc50 posted this knife in another thread. I drooled over it several times, that revived the desire to have one even though I didn't expect to find one since it's an older CCG. So, I went hunting and was able to snag one. Now, this one is mine. I can live with it being a righty, a trip back to CRK for double lugs will make it left handed friendly ;).

7RQBNzX.jpg

@dc50 posted this knife in another thread. I drooled over it several times, that revived the desire to have one even though I didn't expect to find one since it's an older CCG. So, I went hunting and was able to snag one. Now, this one is mine. I can live with it being a righty, a trip back to CRK for double lugs will make it left handed friendly ;).

7RQBNzX.jpg

Wow that's a real stunner! Nice addition!

7RQBNzX.jpg
Congratulations. Pretty slick looking

img_8097-jpg.1196129
Finally pulled the trigger on my first CRK, a small 21 so im pretty excited!
Nice score!
I saw this one on the exchange and was sorely tempted by it.
It has great character!
If I hadn’t already WAY overspent this month, you would still be waiting on your first Sebenza. ;)

Nice score!
I saw this one on the exchange and was sorely tempted by it.
If I hadn’t already WAY overspent this month, you would still be waiting on your first Sebenza. ;)

Haha I know right. I thought it was a pretty good deal so was kinda expecting it to become unavailable while I was pondering over it but was still there after much internal debating so I went for it and glad I did! I spent the afternoon looking at the CRK subforums yesterday. Im Trying not to overhype myself but really wanting it in my hands now after looking at all the pics etc. gonna be a long few days awaiting arrival but I have the tracking and it's in motion!

Thank you that is the info i was hoping to find out if the pin would stay put w/o a lanyard. If it does rattle I could just put a dab of grease in there. did that on one of my cs recon ones rattly stop pin and that fixed it. The birth date is Jan 31, 2017 if that matters and thanks for the kind words. Im excited to get my first Sebenza!

EDIT: just ordered the shouldered gold lanyard pin and an extra microfiber cloth 13 bucks shipped from the CRK web store. Unbelievable! :D

C5A966C6-A2C6-4A42-8B56-28F97BA98274.jpeg The last Sebenza I purchased off the exchange had this come with it. They had put some o-rings around the pin. Gave me another pin with a lanyard and bead also. Just giving you another option of what I’ve seen with a pin and no lanyard

63AED8D1-FF80-45C6-88B3-350EB83F9531.jpeg Not sure if this qualifies as an inbound but this just arrived at the house today. Purchased a couple months back and when I received it it made a trip to Idaho the next day and was never pocketed. Now it’s back home to me for good.

Congrats to you as well. The Umfaan? You sure your done? I’ve felt like I’ve heard that before haha.

Thanks! I'm excited to have a Damascus blade after having sold my one and only back in 2013. The Umfaan was completely unexpected. One of those "strike while the iron is hot" situations as they're rare enough to justify and will retain its value.

This Mnandi was, or is, the last purchase for the year unless one of the two knives in my signature show up at a reasonable price.

Thanks! I'm excited to have a Damascus blade after having sold my one and only back in 2013. The Umfaan was completely unexpected. One of those "strike while the iron is hot" situations as they're rare enough to justify and will retain its value.

This Mnandi was, or is, the last purchase for the year unless one of the two knives in my signature show up at a reasonable price.

I’ve got a Damascus 31 on order. It’ll be my first Damascus and I’m sure it’ll be almost a year before it arrives. I’ve got one more I’ll be looking for this year and it may be next year before it’s available. Planning on being done this year but never say never

I’ve got a Damascus 31 on order. It’ll be my first Damascus and I’m sure it’ll be almost a year before it arrives. I’ve got one more I’ll be looking for this year and it may be next year before it’s available. Planning on being done this year but never say never

Sweet. What pattern you go with?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA! That’s a really good one!

I’m fully aware of my folly. Hahaha

Back