The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Ha! Here’s my personal experience with a CRK tanto.

They take a little adjusting to. They’re not as good as an insingo. I do think they do some things better than a drop point. As far as work/utility they’re just fine. Stripping wire/cord/cable I have no problems. Opening packages they’re fine. All in all they’re not bad. They look good. You’ve gotten this far so we all know you’re gonna pull the trigger ;) Plus that’ll round you out on all blade shapes CRK offers, nice to have a little variety.

kidcongo kidcongo works in the same trade as us. He may be able to shed a little lite as well
Saw this after I replied above. We must’ve been typing at the same time. Congrats, let me know what ya think when you get it
Yep. They've been growing on me and rounding out the collection of blade shapes was a nice incentive anyway. Figured time was running out if I wanted to get a new one and at the regular price. I was surprised how many Knife Art still has in stock. Seem to be all dried up everywhere else.

Ha! Here’s my personal experience with a CRK tanto.

They take a little adjusting to. They’re not as good as an insingo. I do think they do some things better than a drop point. As far as work/utility they’re just fine. Stripping wire/cord/cable I have no problems. Opening packages they’re fine. All in all they’re not bad. They look good. You’ve gotten this far so we all know you’re gonna pull the trigger ;) Plus that’ll round you out on all blade shapes CRK offers, nice to have a little variety.

kidcongo kidcongo works in the same trade as us. He may be able to shed a little lite as well
I concur about the Tanto. I only have a small 21 Tanto, so cannot comment on the Large. The blade shape is more specialized, and more of a compromise, than the drop point or insingo versions which are both good all-rounders. The Tanto does the things it does well, very well, and it works ‘well enough’ at everything else (if that makes sense).

No Tanto blade is more beautiful than the CRK version, so it is worth owning for that fact alone. Also very beefy. If you need to stab through a car door with a folder, this is the one.

I concur about the Tanto. I only have a small 21 Tanto, so cannot comment on the Large. The blade shape is more specialized, and more of a compromise, than the drop point or insingo versions which are both good all-rounders. The Tanto does the things it does well, very well, and it works ‘well enough’ at everything else (if that makes sense).

No Tanto blade is more beautiful than the CRK version, so it is worth owning for that fact alone. Also very beefy. If you need to stab through a car door with a folder, this is the one.
Makes perfect sense. Both of mine are Larges, one PJ 21 and one micarta Inkosi. I carried the Inkosi Tanto for two weeks give or take here lately to get a good gauge of use. I made it just fine at work and home. I actually for the first time ever found myself missing the Tanto while carrying a drop point lately. Mainly with draw/scoring type cuts. Insingo is still the best shape for work in my opinion.

I've finally got a couple of these on the way, they were in stock for a couple hours last week so I jumped at the opportunity. Pretty much my perfect dream knife, or grail. Normally I would head down to Pleasant Grove (a valley away from my house) and pick these up in person, but the storefront has been shuttered due to this virus crap. Can't even talk to a human on the phone there! Have to go through the chat on the website... waiting for these guys to put the thing in the mail finally.

5uQ5zaY.jpg

The competition everywhere else has their doors wide open, just wear the mask, splash on some sanitizer and fondle the knives to your hearts content. My bad for the rant, just very much excited to finally get these in my hands.

Last edited:
Not hard, but not baby. Over the past few years I’ve really relaxed and started to enjoy the rarer ones, CRK and other brands alike. Then again I typically pounce on previously owned pieces, which have already developed character so I’m rarely taking the initial plunge. In a sense, some stolen valor :(

I will use this native. And it’ll only leave my possession if I lose it or it’s stolen. I made a mistake with a small native years ago - forgot to add, ten days later I was on a flight for honeymoon:

44340B87-4D2D-4BE5-85A5-EEA8F84B1953.jpeg

Do you guys who get these rare ones in good shape go hard on them like a regular knife or keep them more in a collectible condition?

Last edited:
Oh good. Thought I was the only one with this illness. How many spares?

Hehe only one spare for now. Thing is when something this great comes along and is finally obtained, something new comes along that seems even better. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this hobby.

Sorry triple post. BF was running real slow for me last night.

Last edited:
Just shipped today. Photos to follow. Small Sebenza 31 plain Jane, double silver lugs and rain drop Damascus.

I've finally got a couple of these on the way, they were in stock for a couple hours last week so I jumped at the opportunity. Pretty much my perfect dream knife, or grail. Normally I would head down to Pleasant Grove (a valley away from my house) and pick these up in person, but the storefront has been shuttered due to this virus crap. Can't even talk to a human on the phone there! Have to go through the chat on the website... waiting for these guys to put the thing in the mail finally.

5uQ5zaY.jpg

The competition everywhere else has their doors wide open, just wear the mask, splash on some sanitizer and fondle the knives to your hearts content. My bad for the rant, just very much excited to finally get these in my hands.

You're going to love that one. I EDC one like it, and when I clean it up, it could almost pass for new. And I'm not afraid to use it!

Inkosi_NumberedCF-UseYourShit3s.jpg

The first *NEW* Sebenza that I have purchased, and it is a gift for my Father's 60th next week. I am dropping it off at the engraver's today for some scrollwork and initials on the display side.
yMVskpt.jpg

The other two Sebenzas that I own were purchased used, so I did not have a break in period on the blast and action. I am really excited for him to be able to feel the progression to that butter-smooth action that we all enjoy so much! Since there can't be too many pictures of CR knives, here is my carry today!
3q83igq.jpg

...... it is a gift for my Father's 60th next week. I am dropping it off at the engraver's today for some scrollwork and initials on the display side.
yMVskpt.jpg

That is a VERY classy thing for you to do.
Well done.

Back