The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank any veterans here for their service.
I appreciate your commitment to our country.

View attachment 1229947
Also, 44 years ago today was the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald, with no survivors.
It's sorta a big deal here in Michigan.
I've friends that have worked on these freighters, and they sacrifice their personal lives for their jobs.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited:
You are welcome.

I'm getting free breakfast tomorrow at Hy-Vee and free lunch at Applebee's. I really love the support for vets. I gave a lot but I have also been given a lot.

I thank my country........it's the best in the world.

Cool Tony.
The best part is seeing a kid in the woods.
Glad is was a great day!

Anyone have any outdoor New Years resolutions? Mine is to hunt with a compound bow again. I grew up hunting with recurves, and around age 40, due to normal aches and pains decided to take up a compound bow to take advantage of the let off. It went pretty good and I even killed a few deer with it and then something happened with my bow and it came unstrung on me. Somehow the knock was on the string and the arrow was at my feet so I guess it was like a dry fire. Anyway, it scared the hell out of me and I developed what they call target panic. Sold my compound and went to a crossbow. Fast forward 10 years and I have a 15 year old son that just got into archer and I decided that I wanted to start shooting bows with him. The first day went pretty good, but now I can't even hit the target. When i do everything right, I'm dead on. But mostly I rush and punch the shot as soon as I draw without holding an anchor. Starting all over again now by drawing back on the target with an arrow and aiming and holding for a few seconds, and then just letting down without shooting. Saw this online and it seems like it should help. Going to take my son bowhunting this weekend and I think I'll just sit in my stand with my bow and if I see a deer, try to pull back and hold on one, and then let it down without firing any shots. Anyway, I'm sure glad this target panic stuff hasn't affected my rifle shooting, only bow shooting.

Anyone have any outdoor New Years resolutions? Mine is to hunt with a compound bow again. I grew up hunting with recurves, and around age 40, due to normal aches and pains decided to take up a compound bow to take advantage of the let off. It went pretty good and I even killed a few deer with it and then something happened with my bow and it came unstrung on me. Somehow the knock was on the string and the arrow was at my feet so I guess it was like a dry fire. Anyway, it scared the hell out of me and I developed what they call target panic. Sold my compound and went to a crossbow. Fast forward 10 years and I have a 15 year old son that just got into archer and I decided that I wanted to start shooting bows with him. The first day went pretty good, but now I can't even hit the target. When i do everything right, I'm dead on. But mostly I rush and punch the shot as soon as I draw without holding an anchor. Starting all over again now by drawing back on the target with an arrow and aiming and holding for a few seconds, and then just letting down without shooting. Saw this online and it seems like it should help. Going to take my son bowhunting this weekend and I think I'll just sit in my stand with my bow and if I see a deer, try to pull back and hold on one, and then let it down without firing any shots. Anyway, I'm sure glad this target panic stuff hasn't affected my rifle shooting, only bow shooting.

Been a bowhunter since 1982. Owned my own traditional archery shop. My suggestion is shooting at "blank bales". Get aboout 5 yds away from a large hay bale (or equivalent) and practice launching the arrow. NO TARGET or picking a spot. No using sights (even take them off). It may take days or even weeks but the form and release will come back. Work on the fundamentals until they are ingrained once again. I have even done this with my eyes closed to start.

Makael Makael , you'll have to tell me why you had the building built, then poured the concrete? DM
Im not a contractor but thats how a Pole building is built vs Stick built the concrete is poured first.
Pole holes dug and poles concreted in about 36 inches wide, at least that deep. then framing and trusses, then sheeted. Then they level gravel fill and pour concrete aprox 5 to 6 inches deep.

It was more expensive to have a stick built building done but since this is mainly just storage and no real rooms needed.

stick built easier to insulate, This particular contractor included a 2" blanket insulation and this is mainly to keep condensation to a minimum.

Well, I learned something. A handsome building. You just greatly increased the value of your home. All the pole buildings I have built, we dug the footings, set the rebar then poured the concrete. Then set the 'I' beams and braces then attached the siding w/ insulation. Different locations they do it different. Thanks, DM

Web pic but this is a pretty good example of pre concrete.
iu

Back