The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Gus thanks you for the kind words. Big antlers are one of the few things that make being from/living in Illinois a good thing.

Gus is not trained to find antlers. He strictly provides security for the Misses and our girls while I am working/away.

Looks like your in a fairly dry part of the US. I would guess you get more than your fair share of snakes and such.

My renewal for BCCI is here. Unsure to renew or not.
Buck hasn't had too much to do with the club the last couple years. The club seems to have adopted Facebook instead of the website..
Thank you Joe Houser for the last club knife put out.
I renewed my membership on BF but I dont think Buck has too much to do with this site either.
No more interaction allowed with Buck.
F' it. Ill stay with BF and support this site.

IMHO, in today's technologically, $$$ money driven world the bean counters have the information that tells them what course of action will be most profitable. Executives then make the decision to go with that information, because, the bottom line is the most important in today's world.

Chuck Buck, RIP, was a blessed, people person...sitting for hours signing knives and talking to people. He ran the company with his faith and people in mind. Profit, of course, had to be considered, to keep the company. Bean counters didn't run it, he did!

The only constant is change...be it for the better or not.

Look around, see how many companies are be acquired by other companies...mega-corporations swallowing up other mega-corporations. Not saying this will happen to Buck, but, it sure seems likely.

It’s against the law to even go near them. They are considered critically endangered.

Interesting. Seems like a tail that rattles and hypodermic fangs would be enough of a deterrent to keep people away. What type of rattler you got there? Timber?

AFAIK it’s a timber rattlesnake. I never expected to see one. Can you see the rattle?44F2E863-0B7E-457B-AFBC-C319C3DA36D3.jpeg

Back