The Artsy Craftsy, Hobbies, Sports and wholesome stress relieving activities GAW.

I'm in!

http://www.enterkin.com/Knives/GEC_Navy.jpg

(sorry, I couldn't get my photo to work any other way I tried)

Besides knives, my hobbies include cycling, hiking, reading, flashlights, video production and more. My wife says I'm a 'hobbyholic', but she's very supportive of my 'problem'.

Thanks for the generous GAW! Those bowls are awesome!

Hi @rje58
I took the liberty of uploading the pic of your navy knife.
Very nice :thumbsup:
jCPsYvt.jpg

So nice to see the latest entries :thumbsup:
Thank you :)

Here is a short video of a hymn my daughters recorded for two local churches to use in their zoom online services.

Those are some talented kids! :thumbsup::)

Im not entering, but I just wanted to say Im enjoying the thread. Beautiful prizes by the way, I love the walnut.

This looks like a fun GAW. I am in. I like to shoot competitively, specifically Small bore metallic silhouette. The photo I have attached is of my old friend, a Queen Copperhead that I modded a bit to work better for me. The other photo is Is of the Small Bore Silhouette range at the NRA Whittington center here in New Mexico. That last photo was taken at the High Power Silhouette range at the Whittington Center. Yes, i have hit the white buffalo, several times actually.

DukoNvH.jpg

3COfu5d.jpg

I2JfY8Z.jpg

I'm in, thanks for the opportunity, those bowls are beautiful. The pictures below the knife are of a few of my hobbies. Reading, shooting, (my wife and I are NRA instructors), and we've been playing music together for 40 years. And finally something else that helps me relax...;)
3erOX0A.jpg

eatYH0s.jpg

5aqiLcH.jpg

CyEZYGD.jpg

Not an entry from me. I just wanted to compliment your work. The bowls look great. I especially like the walnut.
While I'm here I'll share my hobbies as well. I like just about anything that gets me outside. As I'm sure you know, Ontario is a great place for outdoor activities. My favourites are hunting (and target shooting), fishing, photography, cycling, and hiking. I'm also a musician. I started with guitar when I was in high school and now I play (when I have time) electric bass, cello, and some piano/keyboard. Unfortunately I feel like I have more hobbies than time.
I'll add a knife photo too because this GAW inspired me to carry my opinel 7 today.
L9DEm7R.jpg

Not an entry from me. I just wanted to compliment your work. The bowls look great. I especially like the walnut.
While I'm here I'll share my hobbies as well. I like just about anything that gets me outside. As I'm sure you know, Ontario is a great place for outdoor activities. My favourites are hunting (and target shooting), fishing, photography, cycling, and hiking. I'm also a musician. I started with guitar when I was in high school and now I play (when I have time) electric bass, cello, and some piano/keyboard. Unfortunately I feel like I have more hobbies than time.
I'll add a knife photo too because this GAW inspired me to carry my opinel 7 today.
L9DEm7R.jpg

Thanks T Trvr :)
We no only share living in our beautiful province but some of the same hobbies as well :)

Beautiful bowls Dan! :thumbsup:

I like knives. Of all sorts. Ever since I was a child I've been captivated by them. I enjoy learning how to use them, whether it's carving a spoon with a Mora, flipping a butterfly knife, mincing garlic with a gyuto, or wielding a bowie. If performing a task requires a knife, I'm excited to learn it.

Here was my poor attempt at carving a spoon. It's ok, I enjoyed myself as I had good reason to use not one, not two, but four knives!

21116387614_7e8c2a6c06_c.jpg

Once again thank you so much for entering the GAW and thanks to those that supported it with encouraging comments.

I decided to face my fears lol and try to write a little something for each of you.

See you all tomorrow am :)

@Bigfattyt Great work on those knives and nice pics of the ranch.
@Will Power Gorgeous burl wood on that knife.
chuck4570 chuck4570 Beautiful looking ram's horn on your BF knife!
@E40 Long live the lambsfoot :)
@Just Tom. Camping at its best :thumbsup:
@Dschal Beautiful photography!
@TrapperMike The sleigh is coming along great!
@JTB_5 Made me google "Alcibiades" and dip my toes into philosophy :)
joeradza joeradza Stunning photos!
Jack Black Jack Black Always amazed at how fluid and effortless your writing is, your deep knowledge of cutlery history and the monumental work in keeping the Guardians thread going.
@rishma Beautifully described image of tranquility and peace.
@RayseM I've seen a lot of those in my walks. Added polypore to my vocabulary :) , and finally know what your previous avatar was :)
@bflying Such delicate work, beautiful!
@Old Engineer Nice walking sticks :thumbsup:
@rje58 Great to have her support :)
@Marlingspike12 Amazing work with knots, wow :thumbsup:. I can never wrap my brain about learning knots, every year I have to review how to tie my fishing line :rolleyes:
@sitflyer Nice ride there my friend!
D DavidABQ Really nice shooting range :thumbsup: I can imagine how exciting must be to hit those distant targets
stevekolt stevekolt So nice that you share music and shooting with your wife, I am sure you have built so many memories together.
kamagong kamagong Yes, the more knives the better :)
Ernie1980 Ernie1980 Beautiful orchids in your garden :thumbsup: I am trying to keep alive indoors the one I got my wife for her birthday 2 months ago, not sure if it will liven up

PS: A couple entries don't have a pic of a traditional knife along with the posted pastime picture or description ... no biggie...but if you win you must treat us with a pic of one of your favs ;)

Good morning folks :)

Our little violinist got up earlier than myself, already had a shower and breakfast and is heading downstairs to practice.
I better hurry !!!

zG3o5wK.jpg

Fantastic video Dan! :D :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations guys, I have a couple of Dan's bowls, and they are really special :) Thanks again, Dan, for a great giveaway :) :thumbsup:

Wow! What a surprise on Thanksgiving eve. 2020 may have a better ending than anticipated. Dan, if it’s ok with you I’d love your walnut bowl with the no. 6 Opinel. Thank you very very much. And thank your daughters for the soul soothing music. It is much appreciated.

Alan

Back