The Artsy Craftsy, Hobbies, Sports and wholesome stress relieving activities GAW.

Very very nicely done. You are a class act Mr. Cello :thumbsup: :) Congratulations to the winners - enviable and life time use prizes you are getting there. I knew I was out as soon as I saw the empty mixed nut container. If it had been whole unsalted cashews I woulds have been completely in synch and a sure winner - alas...:(

:D Cheers all.

wPIsSjr.jpg
Very well done, Dan. :):thumbsup:
Once again, your bowls are fantastic!
Congratulations to all the winners. :cool::thumbsup:

A wonderful and fun giveaway, Dan. Those bowls are beautiful! Love the violin music.
Congratulations to the winners!
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm really excited to see what I wind up with! All of the bowls are INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! Be Safe!

Dan, I would gladly choose the Opinel garden model.

Bowls, all look great. I'll take the lighter bowl with dark lines (ambrosia).

Thanks a bunch!!

Sorry I missed out on this Dan...how did That happen? Ah well.
I joined the Narooma Mens Shed last year and met some skilled tradesmen and guys who make stuff. Also made friends.
Ive not only learned a lot but had the opportunity to have a go at things I always wanted to try but never seemed to have the time or equipment...theres a lesson right there....do it!
Anyway I chopped down a 50yr old Olive tree for a lady. I took the timber and tried a bit of turning...as it was still green it cracked...the good news is Ive still got some big chunks seasoning away under the hoose.
20201126-065057.jpg

Cheers.

Great job Dan, and congratulations to the winners! Amazingly, the jet stream seems to have brought us incredible warmth down from Canada this year.:)

Tremendous draw, very creative all round and I see a Cool Siamese in there :cool:

Those bowls are superb, you should start manufacturing.....:)

Sorry I missed out on this Dan...how did That happen? Ah well.
I joined the Narooma Mens Shed last year and met some skilled tradesmen and guys who make stuff. Also made friends.
Ive not only learned a lot but had the opportunity to have a go at things I always wanted to try but never seemed to have the time or equipment...theres a lesson right there....do it!
Anyway I chopped down a 50yr old Olive tree for a lady. I took the timber and tried a bit of turning...as it was still green it cracked...the good news is Ive still got some big chunks seasoning away under the hoose.
20201126-065057.jpg

Cheers.

Hi meako, sorry you missed the chance on this one my friend.
I remember you mentioning a while back about the olive wood you had gotten and wood turning.
The seasoned wood should be good for smaller turnings :thumbsup: but I never tried it myself.

I once brought a ton of apple wood from someone that had cut a tree in his backyard.
I found out later that apple wood is notorious for cracking and finally gave up trying to turn it.
It burns very nice and hot though with a sweet smell :D

Thanks so much every one for the kind words, I really appreciate them.

The Porch is indeed a welcoming and friendly place :thumbsup: :)

Here is a little video of a younger self ( about 10 years ago ) doing a live edge bowl.

I mostly self taught myself with you tube's help lol so some of the techniques shown are not optimal let's say ;).
(I did get very useful feedback from experienced turners whom I showed it though :thumbsup:)

Back