The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

#anothernotninjo

PayPal users have the option to print shipping labels on the PP platform as opposed to going directly to the shipping company's website to use their platform instead. PayPal shippers who use PayPal can select to ship either by USPS or UPS and the shipper benefits from discounted rates available to PayPal users. Alternatively, if you ship lots of packages, shipping companies such as FedEx and UPS can offer you a commercial account with discounted rates which in many cases will still not beat the discounted rates available to PP users.

The UPS shipping option on PayPal has had technical issues for the past 2-3 weeks which are still unresolved. According to PP, these glitches may continue through April 4th. Maybe this is why Jo made that announcement a few days ago. Patience grasshoppers, patience!

#anothernotninjo

PayPal users have the option to print shipping labels on the PP platform as opposed to going directly to the shipping company's website to use their platform instead. PayPal shippers who use PayPal can select to ship either by USPS or UPS and the shipper benefits from discounted rates available to PayPal users. Alternatively, if you ship lots of packages, shipping companies such as FedEx and UPS can offer you a commercial account with discounted rates which in many cases will still not beat the discounted rates available to PP users.

The UPS shipping option on PayPal has had technical issues for the past 2-3 weeks which are still unresolved. According to PP, these glitches may continue through April 4th. Maybe this is why Jo made that announcement a few days ago. Patience grasshoppers, patience!
Yes, I would have thought a couple days. I gave upondsy and have been using USPS. Can't keep you guys waiting forever! Bringing all of the addresses over to the UPS website seemed like a good way to lose packages. :(

Yes, I would have thought a couple days. I gave upondsy and have been using USPS. Can't keep you guys waiting forever! Bringing all of the addresses over to the UPS website seemed like a good way to lose packages. :(

I had an inkling that being the issue. Sorry Jo and thank you for always trying your best. Yes migrating all the addresses to the UPS platform would be a total PITA specially since you will probably have to go back to PayPal to load up the tracking numbers. I didn't mean to step in for you but thought that CPKs folks ought to know that the issues were not with the CPK's shipping division ;)

I had an inkling that being the issue. Sorry Jo and thank you for always trying your best. Yes migrating all the addresses to the UPS platform would be a total PITA specially since you will probably have to go back to PayPal to load up the tracking numbers. I didn't mean to step in for you but thought that CPKs folks ought to know that the issues were not with the CPK's shipping division ;)
You're a sweetheart. I've been having trouble with UPS's website also. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping they're updating everything and that's been the cause of the weirdness.

You're a sweetheart. I've been having trouble with UPS's website also. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping they're updating everything and that's been the cause of the weirdness.

Thank you Jo, you're way too kind :)

I hate to see you guys go directly to UPS and pay the retail rates in the absence of a commercial account because you will be paying more than you charge for shipping, in some cases way more than you charge and have been charging. For some reason just because major dealers and distributors offer "free" shipping in the knife selling community, most folks expect fast and free shipping from every one. As a small business guy, I have never been a fan of this simply because it's just a ruse as the merchandise price will have to be inflated to account for this free shipping. I am very glad that you guys don't play that card and I think that it is more than fair the way in which you handle your S&H.

The good news is that USPS is getting slightly better and faster now that the brunt of this other stuff seems to be behind with more opening. I actually got on the phone with PayPal CS today who told me about the April 4th as the target day for PP & UPS issues to get finally resolved.

Thank you Jo, you're way too kind :)

I hate to see you guys go directly to UPS and pay the retail rates in the absence of a commercial account because you will be paying more than you charge for shipping, in some cases way more than you charge and have been charging. For some reason just because major dealers and distributors offer "free" shipping in the knife selling community, most folks expect fast and free shipping from every one. As a small business guy, I have never been a fan of this simply because it's just a ruse as the merchandise price will have to be inflated to account for this free shipping. I am very glad that you guys don't play that card and I think that it is more than fair the way in which you handle your S&H.

The good news is that USPS is getting slightly better and faster now that the brunt of this other stuff seems to be behind with more opening. I actually got on the phone with PayPal CS today who told me about the April 4th as the target day for PP & UPS issues to get finally resolved.
That's great news Mat. You can use your PayPal account through UPS and still get the discount.

Back