The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Jo,
Are these Black and Blue handle scales (second from the bottom) available as a option for the UF2 pre-order ? I didnt see them on the list so im asking about them now ....Thanks for your time ! The original post number was #53 on 03/16/2018.showing different handle scales so i liked the look of the Black and Blue scales and decided to ask ! Its not a big deal as i like the buffed double Black with the Blue titanium fasterns as well but the Black and Blue handle scales will be something a little bit different !

Frank aka Frc505

Jo,
I have a question about the Utility Fighter 2 pre-prder ! As i understand it the Pre-Order thread is basically Nathan's/ your guy's Order list !... So my question is this how does the pre-order thread list work ? Like do you guy follow the list from the first post and go on from there ? Or are there other things that you take into consideration such as multiple knife orders or orders with alot of options and then go from there like for example you have 150 single knife orders with a penetrator tip option and then. 130 single knife orders but these knives were ordered with the full dagger grind option and then 200 orders for the plain jan regular blade configuration ? And then what about orders with multiple knives orders like mine for instance i ordered 3 knives total all with different options 1 had a full dagger grind and then 1 had a penetrator tip snd. Buffed Double Black Micarta and the Blue Titanium fasterns and the last one also has a penetrator tip but with unbuffed grey terotuf handle scales !
Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question i really do appreciate ... I guess you can say im just a tad over excited as my pre-order invoice is paid in full and these will be my first CPK knives but i have a feeling that they wont be my last !... I tried to a LC when Nathan first put them out but no luck so since i was in the market for a new knife with a blade length of anywhere from 5.5 inches to 10 inches and THE UTILITY FIGHTER 2 pretty much had all the things i was wanting in next new knife.
1) blade length between 5.5" to 10" Check
(The UF2 has a 6 inch blade)
2) quality material. Check (Delta 3V blade steel, micarta handle scales, Blue Titanium fasterns)
3. Great customer service check (customer is kept well informed as well being a part of the making of the knive as far as picking the options you want on your knife !)
4) reliability check (look at all the videos Nathan has posted of him putting his knives through their paces ! Nuff said !!!...)
5) the knife was made by one of my favorite custom blackSmiths. Check (not in any particular order Nathan Carothers. Scott Gossman, Philip patton, J.Horton,daniel fairly, Ryan W, big Chris and Lorien! (Again these are not in any particular order just what names came to when they did so theres that...plus. Im not sure if Jeremy Horton is still making knives as he use to be really active on bladeforums and even had his own hosted makers subforum then suddenly from my prospective he just up and vanished !

Frank aka FRC505

Jo,
I have a question about the Utility Fighter 2 pre-prder ! As i understand it the Pre-Order thread is basically Nathan's/ your guy's Order list !... So my question is this how does the pre-order thread list work ? Like do you guy follow the list from the first post and go on from there ? Or are there other things that you take into consideration such as multiple knife orders or orders with alot of options and then go from there like for example you have 150 single knife orders with a penetrator tip option and then. 130 single knife orders but these knives were ordered with the full dagger grind option and then 200 orders for the plain jan regular blade configuration ? And then what about orders with multiple knives orders like mine for instance i ordered 3 knives total all with different options 1 had a full dagger grind and then 1 had a penetrator tip snd. Buffed Double Black Micarta and the Blue Titanium fasterns and the last one also has a penetrator tip but with unbuffed grey terotuf handle scales !
Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question i really do appreciate ... I guess you can say im just a tad over excited as my pre-order invoice is paid in full and these will be my first CPK knives but i have a feeling that they wont be my last !... I tried to a LC when Nathan first put them out but no luck so since i was in the market for a new knife with a blade length of anywhere from 5.5 inches to 10 inches and THE UTILITY FIGHTER 2 pretty much had all the things i was wanting in next new knife.
2) quality material. Check (Delta 3V blade steel, micarta handle scales, Blue Titanium fasterns)
3. Great customer service check (customer is kept well informed as well being a part of the making of the knive as far as picking the options you want on your knife !)
4) reliability check (look at all the videos Nathan has posted of him putting his knives through their paces ! Nuff said !!!...)
5) the knife was made by one of my favorite custom blackSmiths. Check (not in any particular order Nathan Carothers. Scott Gossman, Philip patton, J.Horton,daniel fairly, Ryan W, big Chris and Lorien! (Again these are not in any particular order just what names came to when they did so theres that...plus. Im not sure if Jeremy Horton is still making knives as he use to be really active on bladeforums and even had his own hosted makers subforum then suddenly from my prospective he just up and vanished !

Frank aka FRC505
Not Jo, but CPK generally tries to fill the preorders going down the list, BUT you are correct in that special options tend to push your order down the list to when they're set to process a batch of those.

Eg. I ordered 3 UF2s, one of them is a plain vanilla UF2, but one of the 3 is a full dagger grind with wood scales and blued titanium fasteners. That one will likely push my whole order towards the end of the line, as they'll usually ship the whole order together.

The folks who've gone even further with full dagger grind, wood scales, satin finish + acid washed flats and what not, have a good chance of pushing their preorder to the very end of the fulfillment list.

Jo,

Frank aka FRC505
I am sorry for the late reply and thank you to B bluemax_1 . He is right. We try to get some of the specialty stuff in sooner, but they are best done in batches and so, if I happen to all the sudden have 10 acid washed blades, I will start over at the beginning of my list to see if anyone ordered an acid washed blade along with a "plain jane" or maybe something simple like a penetrator tip. Sometimes scales choice can also be a hold up.

Thanks!
Jo

So, we are supposed to be at the beach this week, but that didn't work out. Please bare with us as I have kidnapped Nathan and the kids for an impromptu trip to the mountains. :)

First of all, enjoy the vacation and make lemonade out of those lemons. OTOH, I am no one to judge but how about if some of us just go scantly clad instead of baring it all? Can Tommy go scandalously clad if he so desires? šŸ¤£

When did that new website go up??!
I just went to see knives with the ā€œadd to cartā€ button, but I stayed to read most of it (now I actually know what platens are) and watch the videos (somehow hadnā€™t seen those classics, but had heard references to aggregate!) It was spectacular!! Great pics (I really liked the smooth transition between different sized pics too), very informative while keeping Nathanā€™s frank straightforward delivery of said info, and I really think people that know nothing can spend ten or twenty minutes and walk away with the basics or at least an understanding of the punishment standards for wasting water.
That ā€œadd to cartā€ button though!! Thatā€™s pretty cool!

I just went to see knives with the ā€œadd to cartā€ button, but I stayed to read most of it (now I actually know what platens are) and watch the videos (somehow hadnā€™t seen those classics, but had heard references to aggregate!) It was spectacular!! Great pics (I really liked the smooth transition between different sized pics too), very informative while keeping Nathanā€™s frank straightforward delivery of said info, and I really think people that know nothing can spend ten or twenty minutes and walk away with the basics or at least an understanding of the punishment standards for wasting water.
That ā€œadd to cartā€ button though!! Thatā€™s pretty coolarch.

That ā€œadd to cartā€ button though!! Thatā€™s pretty cool!
March I think.šŸ˜ Glad you like it!

Back