The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Is it possible we might see these with the “bark” left on ? :)
I don’t know why but I love that finish look :)

Yes please!! That would look great on a Field Knife!

5Pxwca5.jpg

Hello,
Just wondering what the hold up with the behemoth scales are and when we might see them (antiques) really start moving. Do we have an approximation on them. Anyone can answer if you know if not ill wait for Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist . Thanks all.

Hello,
Just wondering what the hold up with the behemoth scales are and when we might see them (antiques) really start moving. Do we have an approximation on them. Anyone can answer if you know if not ill wait for Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist . Thanks all.

I'm the hold up on the antique. I'm actually the bottleneck on a lot of things in the shop. We're going to start shipping more BC preorder next week. We'll get that wrapped up soon.

That’s exactly what we have absolutely come to admire and respect about Nathan’s operation in addition to his exceptional products with value (best bang for buck) driven philosophy.

He has never thrown anyone under the proverbial bus and has always been very transparent about delays whether in-house or outsourced. This man has garnered and earned the respect which he gets from his loyal customers.

Nathan, I often joke with you in my writings but in all seriousness, I really respect your mettle as well as your obvious talents. JoJo got herself a very very good one ;)

Is Delta HT protocol proprietary to your shop? I see "a lesser company" using that designation, too. Can I really just send Peter's a bunch of psf27 and say "McDelta that, please!"?

I'm the hold up on the antique. I'm actually the bottleneck on a lot of things in the shop. We're going to start shipping more BC preorder next week. We'll get that wrapped up soon.

Thank you very much Nathan for the speedy reply and glad to here it. Im sure you are spread pretty thin. Thanks for everything you do bud. If it wasn't for preorders like these some of us wouldn't have one of your amazing blades. So i just was wondering if i needed to change my handle or something if there was a shortage etc. Thanks for the letting me know.

Nathan,

I'm still working on that pony idea to hopefully nudge you over to be more amenable toward some sort of limited scale preorder for the UF. Maybe with a more limited preorder the wait time will allow you to also offer some more fancy-schmancy handle scale options. Heck man, even if I don't find you a real pony, I'm willing to hire a struggling actor to dress up as a pony just for your amusement and whims!

Now onto the actual ANAQ part:

Since you have purportedly planned on the production of about 100 UFs, will you please consider offering a larger quantity of the UFs during your next Fridays sales, say 10+ at least (please offer more UFs than 5 at a time after the initial offering this Friday). I am also concerned that if you don't set limits to the number of UF units that the first come-first served system allows bidders, the faster ninjas will just get to be super assassin ninjas which will be very discouraging/disconcerting to the more keyboard challenged slower ninjas. Please consider setting limits and also to be more forceful with the shenanigans that may ensue through proxy bids.

No matter how you slice it (pun) IMHO this pattern will have much more demand than your currently planned supply but I also totally understand and respect your inherent wish to keep the number of UFs in the wild to a more limited number than your usual 300-400 per pattern. Thank you.

Nathan,

I'm still working on that pony idea to hopefully nudge you over to be more amenable toward some sort of limited scale preorder for the UF. Maybe with a more limited preorder the wait time will allow you to also offer some more fancy-schmancy handle scale options.

Just limit it to one per individual. Many of us would be thrilled to be able to get one. Please Nathan!

Back